Shift shaft detent ,lf225txrc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift shaft detent ,lf225txrc

Port motor stuck in gear, I just knew it was lower unit, long story short, lower unit was fine, could not move shift @ the motor . Pulled the power head on Saturday, rusty spring and ball bearing in detent , total b/s no way to lube, replaced shift shaft as it was buggered up at the top, also replaced oil pump since I had it apart, cleaned and lubed everything , put everything back together,put 34 venture back in water by 6 pm , long day , If I meet the guy who designed the three bolts on the rear of the power head ( center) I think I will not buy him a drink, may even spit in his drink , they are a pia

Originally posted by erniefish View Post
    Port motor stuck in gear, I just knew it was lower unit, long story short, lower unit was fine, could not move shift @ the motor . Pulled the power head on Saturday, rusty spring and ball bearing in detent , total b/s no way to lube, replaced shift shaft as it was buggered up at the top, also replaced oil pump since I had it apart, cleaned and lubed everything , put everything back together,put 34 venture back in water by 6 pm , long day , If I meet the guy who designed the three bolts on the rear of the power head ( center) I think I will not buy him a drink, may even spit in his drink , they are a pia
    They are if a regular wrench is used.

Use these bad boys and it is a piece of cake.

http://upceansearch.com/upc/099575854903

GearWrench JUMBO Locking XL Flex Wrenches — 12-Pc. Metric Set, Model# EHT85698 | Flex Ratcheting Wrenches| Northern Tool + Equipment
    Last edited by boscoe99; 07-13-2015, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Dang more good stuff to buy

Comment

my 14mm gearwrench died a few days ago.
        I still have 3 F350 powerheads to pull and now another F250 powerhead.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
          Dang more good stuff to buy
          There is no such thing as having too many tools.

Buy a new tool and then find a use for it.

Comment

tools are like rifles.
            you simply cant have to many .

Comment

Working...
            X