No announcement yet.

2000 200HP HPDI issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when the HP dropped to 260 PSI, what did the VST pressure show?
    that's why BOTH rails MUST be monitored AT the same time.

Comment

50 psi. Never moved from idle to 3800. Held 50psi when the HP pump dropped out.

Comment

then its either the inline medium pressure filter, or the HP pump.
        if you sent it to Flagship you will be ok.

Comment

I replaced the MP filter before I pulled the pump.

If this works out, I will probably send the twin down with all of the injectors over the winter as preventative maintenance.

Comment

got the pump back and installed. Making 700 PSI again. topping out at 4400. VST is pushing 50 PSI.

time to have the Injectors cleaned?

Comment

I do not think cleaning injectors will increase pressure on rail.
              Stuck open injectors may have an effect on pressure but not sure if it will lower it like that.
              Just because you replaced it before does not mean it is still not a problem.

Hope some one else will drop in and say one way or the other

Comment

I don't think the OP is asking about more fuel pressure. I think he is asking about clogged injectors failing to provide needed fuel. The fuel pump for his motor is rated at nominally 700 psi.

To the OP - If you have 700 psi output at all times, if the ignition is working as it is supposed to, if the throttle is opening wide open, and if the compression in the motor is good, then you may just need to have your injectors serviced. I recommend Brucato Injector Services.

Comment

Sorry about that,
                  For some reason I was thinking it was still reading low pressure

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                    I don't think the OP is asking about more fuel pressure. I think he is asking about clogged injectors failing to provide needed fuel. The fuel pump for his motor is rated at nominally 700 psi.

To the OP - If you have 700 psi output at all times, if the ignition is working as it is supposed to, if the throttle is opening wide open, and if the compression in the motor is good, then you may just need to have your injectors serviced. I recommend Brucato Injector Services.
                    Everything else seems to be working fine. I am going to have the injectors pulled , serviced and tested.

Comment

Replaced injector #4 with a used injector. 5300 rpm. I think it was suck open and washing out the cylinder. I'll have them all pulled and serviced this winter

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X