Temp gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp gauge

On a 05 F150 TLRD, to hook up a Temperature Gauge will the existing sending uint and wiring harness work or will I need to add on and or change out current sending unit going to my tach.

While your F150 has a temperature sensor it does not provide information to the tachometer. It provides information to the ECU.

A sensor cannot normally support two devices at one time. So, you cannot tap into your existing sensor.

In the case of your motor you can add an independent temperature gauge with a compatible sender if you wish.

Comment

Ok, so the sensor that Send the signal to the "ECU" And then to my Tach, this just normally open or close signal, got it. Do you or anyone else know off hand what I will need or where I can look

Comment

Your tachometer does not get a signal from the thermosensor. It gets a signal from a thermoswitch. That switch, when it is grounded, causes a light to illuminate or an icon to start flashing on a Yamaha tachometer.

Here is a link to a Yamaha temperature gauge and sender.

2015_Yamaha_MRP

2015_Yamaha_MRP

Comment

I puchased the temp gauge and sender for my engine, where can I find a diagram showing where to install the sender on the block ?

Comment

Comment

Thank you Sir,

Comment

Working...
              X