Question about impeller change 8HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about impeller change 8HP

On the weekend while out fishing I noticed the pisser was not spraying, or would be barely pumping water. I hope I never cooked the engine, it was still running when I shut it down.
    Anyways, after a couple utube videos, I managed to get to the impeller, which was actually pretty simple. The impeller was completely shot, no "fins" left at all. My concern is the minimal amount of rubber remnants I managed to remove from the lower leg and impeller housing. Is is possible most of the rest of the impeller got pumped out, or is it likely there are pieces lodged up in the engine section?
    Can anyone give me some educated advice on this one? Thanks

I find most of the impeller pieces go up the water tube, try back flushing the motor to see if you can flush them out

Comment

Originally posted by coueytwo View Post
      I find most of the impeller pieces go up the water tube, try back flushing the motor to see if you can flush them out
      How do you backflush?

Comment

Well I ended up replacing the impeller and decided to fire up the engine. I found a decent picture online that showed the thermostat access is behind the cylinder head, and I really didn't want to dig that deep.
        Thankfully the pisser was squirting with good pressure. I will be taking out today for a good test on a small lake, hopefully no problems to follow.

Comment

Working...
        X