Rough Running '95 225 TXRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Running '95 225 TXRT

I've got a "95 225 TXRT that had been sitting up for years and I've revived it somewhat. Carbs, pulled, soaked and cleaned, new fuel lines, engine and tank to seperators, new water pump kit and fresh lower unit gear oil. The gauges were replaced also. Now, it sounds/ acts like a miss and there is a great deal of the 2-stroke smoke. Put the boat in the water this past Sunday and and it would not run at idle kept bogging down, finally got her opened up and ran good. Ideas please.

do the carbs again.
    make sure the enrichment system is working properly and the lift pumps are working properly.

Comment

Rodbolt

Where are you located? I need to let you take care of it, I know it would be in excellent hands then! Edit: I see where you are located, can you recommend a shop closer to Wilmington (NC) that can take care of her for me?
      Last edited by newellchunker; 06-12-2015, 07:00 AM.

Comment

dunno anyone in the Wilmington area.
        talk to ken mcall at Carolina machine and tool.
        he may know someone.
        or drag the rig to wanchese.
        us old techs are about the last that remember the 3.1L with "smart" carbs.
        they all quit production about 20 some odd years ago.

Comment

Thank you sir! That's a long ride (although I'm sure it'd be worth it)! I understand these are unique engines and when they are running right they are super!

Comment

Working...
          X