2008 90 hp 4s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 90 hp 4s

New to forum, just acquired 90hp 4s and the guy I bought it from said he just had it serviced, oil and filter change.

There is a slow drip of oil from a 3/4 inch rubber short tube from under the back of the cowling. He said it's because the guy that serviced the motor didn't keep oil from filter change from dripping.

Question is how long will,it continue to drip. Seems the service guy must have let the filter change oil leak a lot into the motor.

Thanks.

LOL
    well, oil is annoying in that respect, "a little goes a long way"
    And its a b*tch trying to get a rag or paper towels down in there and sop it up.
    Wires, wire connectors, wire clamps, hoses, "nooks and crannys" -
    its just a nightmare.....

Comment

is there a 14mm headed bolt up in "rubber tube"?
      I just drench the thing in degreaser when I have a spill. just make sure the degreaser you use is safe on engine compartments

Comment

If the drain plug "gasket" is leaking, it will continue to leak. A new one should be installed at every oil change.

Its also possible the drain bolt is not torqued to spec's or the threads damaged.

Simply getting a new washer, draining the oil (if caught in a clean container you can re-use it) and check the threads.

Part #4; http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...PAN/parts.html

I wipe that hose off (in and out) after doing an oil change and don't have any leakage..
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 06-10-2015, 07:33 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
          X