2009 F250 annual service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great info thanks guys

one last thing, the in-line fuel filter. Anyone have experience replacing? Just needed a basic step by step on that item and I think I am set.

Comment

Originally posted by rodbolt17 View Post
      there is a sticky at the top of the forum that gives the ANNUAL OR HOURLY schedule.

remember the OR.
      its whichever occurs FIRST.

yes its really that simple.
      Rodbolt,

like most "recreational boaters" I don't put on many hours during a year

But I'm curious; commercial or gov't users, running 4 strokes all day, every day

they're changing their engine oil & gear lube every other week?

Comment

Originally posted by fairdeal View Post
        But I'm curious; commercial or gov't users, running 4 strokes all day, every day
        they're changing their engine oil & gear lube every other week?
        On our aircraft we change the oil every 50 hours - only religion I have.....

Comment

some of my commercial guys,yep every other week or so.
          some dog it till its dead and whine about it.
          there is a lot more to maint than changing oil.
          timing belts, valve lash checks and some other stuff.

no one does it yet they squeal when it breaks.

Comment

one last try please.........anything I should know changing out the in-line fuel filter? thanks

Comment

sorry!
              are you asking about the little bowl filter on the engine?
              nothing tricky about that, you'll see there's a little metal"clamp" you have to remove before you can back off the black plastic retaining ring

I assume you also have 10 micron "metal can" filters mounted in the boat ?

Comment

Originally posted by JackintheBoat View Post
                one last try please.........anything I should know changing out the in-line fuel filter? thanks
                I don't know your exact model #, (if you can post it), but here's a parts fisch for a F250;

2006 and Later F250TXR Yamaha Outboard FUEL 1 Diagram and Parts

Can you you look up (up top right in red "Purchase Yamaha parts" on this page), enter your info (should be under fuel 1) and post exactly what part your referring to...
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

thanks, I was referring to changing out the fuel filter cartridge. I picked up the filters from my mechanic shop and he said no big deal changing it out, sometimes the non-ethanol fuel will make the plastic expand, so you may have to put it in the freezer to shrink it and get it back on.

Comment

Ok, that cup simply spins onto the bracket, regular threads. The filter itself will sit snuggly up in its hole.

I have the older version filter W/O the sensor, so you probably have to disconnect it (the sensor) prior to you spinning the cup off.

I've replaced my cup (from expansion, on #3) but mines about $10.00. Just checked it last week and it was snug, but still usable)

Yours is way more expensive. You want to grab towards the top where its "meatier".

Should it not want to come off, its been posted here putting it The cup and base) in the freezer will loosen things up and make removal and re-installation easier. (I haven't had to do this) (obviously, dump the fuel before hand)
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                    X