2002 Yamaha 225 fuel pump issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Yamaha 225 fuel pump issue

My fuel pump works just fine for a trip or maybe 3 trips then it stops working seems if I wait long enough it will start working again I have had it to three different dealers. No one can find the answer they just say works fine here. I'm going to put a new vst tank on and a lift pump is there a relay I should Change out please help I'm at my my end and wife will not go out in the boat again.
    Thank you

Hang tight, someone will chime in and get you going.. (IDK)..
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Might want to post a complete model # of your motor so everyone knows what you have
      Right now we do not know if it is a 2 or 4 stoke or what fuel pump you speak of.

Comment

its a 225, my guess at this point is it's painted silver/blue.
        in 2002 there were at least 5 versions of the 225HP Yamaha in 2 and 4 stroke that really shared nothing in common other than a paint code.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike86403@yahoo.com View Post
          My fuel pump works just fine for a trip or maybe 3 trips then it stops working seems if I wait long enough it will start working again I have had it to three different dealers. No one can find the answer they just say works fine here. I'm going to put a new vst tank on and a lift pump is there a relay I should Change out please help I'm at my my end and wife will not go out in the boat again.
          Thank you
          My lift low pressure pump on the outside of the tank I replaced with a new one it works and primes motor just fine. The pump I'm having problems with is the one on the inside of the vst tank. Motor model number is F225 TXRA
          I've ordered another vst tank with pump and I'm going to replace the relay Assy 68V-81950 what else should I do?

Comment

Find a reel tech

The stealerships and places with big sign's out front don't mean the tech/mech has the "touch" and IMO certs are worthless rolling papers !! ask your local fellow boaters on who can find/diagnose marine systems (its more than a motor,,DUH!) your find the its the guy that gets it done will be REEL busy !! It's my B day this weekend ,,So I'm getting my twin 2 stroke Mercs catermaran and truck ready for 4 days in the delta's...SEA YA !!....

Comment

I had similar problems for months back and forth to dealer towed in many times.. finally one trip back to the dealer a tech found it.
              The vent line to the vst tank was plugged to the pressure port on the opposite side of the block just above or below the port it was supposed to be plugged into. this was causing the vst tank to pressurize not allowing fuel in.
              sometimes it would run for several hours no problem sometimes restart after a few min or sometimes had to be towed. Very simple but months of agravation. my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by Mike86403@yahoo.com View Post
                My lift low pressure pump on the outside of the tank I replaced with a new one it works and primes motor just fine. The pump I'm having problems with is the one on the inside of the vst tank. Motor model number is F225 TXRA
                I've ordered another vst tank with pump and I'm going to replace the relay Assy 68V-81950 what else should I do?
                I will look at this plugged pressure pot
                Rt. THANK YOU very much I also found a blue/red wire that was smashed under the vst tank it had one copper strand showing
                I'm going the change the vst tank blow out all lines and filters
                Also I'm going to change the pump relay Assy
                One of these things has to work
                I will take special care of this pressure port!
                Thank you again
                Would anyone please tell me what the blue-red wire does please

Comment

Originally posted by bajakeith View Post
                  The stealerships and places with big sign's out front don't mean the tech/mech has the "touch" and IMO certs are worthless rolling papers !! ask your local fellow boaters on who can find/diagnose marine systems (its more than a motor,,DUH!) your find the its the guy that gets it done will be REEL busy !! It's my B day this weekend ,,So I'm getting my twin 2 stroke Mercs catermaran and truck ready for 4 days in the delta's...SEA YA !!....
                  I sure found this out seems like they don't care ether

Comment

How bout 1 thread, I posted on your other post.

Comment

hahahahhaa
                      look all you wish for a pressure port.
                      they don't exist on a 4 stroke.
                      they don't exist on a two stroke either.
                      the two stroke VST vented to an intake VACUM port on the lower stbd side of the intake.
                      the F225 A model vents the VST to the airbox.
                      myself, I would monitor the fuel rail pressure when it fails.

Comment

Working...
                      X