1997 Yamaha 90HP Steering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 Yamaha 90HP Steering

Hi all, I am getting a lot of vibration from my outboard. I have pinpointed the problem to a few screws being loose behind the steering assembly. My question is if I undo the outer screws, not sure if you can see them on the second pic, they are Allen key head, to get to the inner screws to tighten, am I risking anything coming apart. I have attached pictures not sure if it helps or makes sense.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tbastejr; 06-06-2015, 08:15 PM.

I can't see the loose screws but I see some cracks in your fuel hose....maybe time for some new marine fuel hose?....

Comment

Robert the fuel line is def on the hunny do list. Taking a better picture of the screws I am referring to.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Tbastejr; 06-07-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

If you're referring to the two (2) bracket screws holding the piston then you'll be alright in removing them (two on each side). Just don't drop the screws in the drink .

Comment

Reel...Thnx for the 411!

Comment

Looks like removal of 4 Allen screws and then remove steering cylinder to access other 4 screws....if screws and threads are all O.K. And screws just became loose from use, then clean threads and screws thoroughly with carb cleaner or similar and re-assemble with drops of Loctite on threads...some lock washers might be good also....

Comment

Robert...Thnx for the info!!

Comment

Working...
              X