4HP motor fuel connection mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4HP motor fuel connection mystery

I just received a new 4 HP Yamaha which I purchased on Ebay. I notice that the remote fuel connection on the motor is one that I have never seen before. I can describe it as a plastic male connectiion about 3/4" OD that sticks out about 1/2". The OD of the connection has a slot or groove going in on an angle and
    turning so it is parallel to the front surface. I guess a connecting hose end fits over the male connection and is turned to lock it in place. Can anyone identiify what I need to hook up my motor to my Yamaha gas cvan which has the normal two prong 3/8" male connection. Thanks.

In 2011 Yamaha changed to a round type fuel connector on the motor to meet EPA BS requirements. In 2013 they went back to the flat two pin design.

If I were you I would just get the latest style flat two pin connector and install it on the motor.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...202/parts.html

2015_Yamaha_MRP

Comment

there is a tech bulletin on replacing the round connector due to fuel leaks.
      its a 90 code so take it to a dealer and have the recall done.

Comment

And shame on a dealer selling a motor that might have an open recall notice.

What is the specific serial number of your motor. Hopefully you have a nearby dealer who will work with you. And not say that you need to send it back to the dealer that sold it to you.

Comment

Thanks to All for the Information

I really appreciate all the support from forum members. As for me, it is the same old story, wanting to save a few bucks I bought a 4HP Yamaha on Ebay. The dealer price was $137 more. All the agravation for a few bucks.
          The motor was manufactured in 2011 serial 1014505. It was assembled in France. If indeed there is a recall notice on the engine, I will ask the seller to take it back. Again thanks too everyone.

Paul

Comment

Bulletin O2014-004R does apply to your motor. Just call your a local dealer and see if he will modify it for you. More than likely he will since he is going to be paid for his time and the parts by Yamaha USA. You can simply take it to him when the parts that are needed are delivered to him. Much simpler than returning a motor and having to deal with shipping etc.

Looks to me like you will be getting a new Yamaha fuel hose with the fittings that will interface with the new fitting that will be installed on your motor.

I see that the motor is not registered. Therefore, the warranty is not in effect yet. However, the recall will be done for you nonetheless. If the selling dealer is not going to register the motor for you then talk to your local dealer about doing this for you. He will need your bill of sale showing the date the motor was sold to you as that will be the warranty start date.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Kaufman View Post
              I really appreciate all the support from forum members. As for me, it is the same old story, wanting to save a few bucks I bought a 4HP Yamaha on Ebay. The dealer price was $137 more. All the agravation for a few bucks.
              The motor was manufactured in 2011 serial 1014505. It was assembled in France. If indeed there is a recall notice on the engine, I will ask the seller to take it back. Again thanks too everyone.

Paul
              If it's a 2011 motor and runs I'd say for $137 you did very well....the fuel connected is not a big or expensive deal to remedy....

Comment

Working...
              X