question on rebuilding a 150 hpdi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seloc

If that name,itself dosnt say it all !! LOL..Great for fire starting paper....

Comment

I ended up canceling the order for the seloc manual im still waiting for the yamaha manual to come in.

Comment

outboard sits

I would do Exacty what RodbolT said.. on changing oil line use OEM only and use "Oetiker" clamps..NO worm screw clamps !! and purge/bleed oil all the way thru the engine driven oil pump....there are some 360 plastic clamps out there but they are not the way to go IMO. I always sqirt a bit of oil toward the top of the cylinders with the motor tilted and let soak before cranking for the first time..your lwr unit is more than likely the impeller stuck to the cup inside the W/P..I have seen Soo many motors get broken ring lands on a motor that sat and wasn't presoaked with oil..and don't use WD 40 which is a poor excuse for oil
        Last edited by bajakeith; 06-11-2015, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Yeah wd40 isnt really oil lol but its not the impeller because i already removed the water pump housing and impeller. i will finish taking apart the lower unit today to check out the gears

Comment

Working...
          X