Help with a Yamaha part #...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a Yamaha part #...

I was sent over here from Classic Mako looking for some help on a part # for my motor. Hoping to hear from Rodbolt17 or tonsendsfjr1300...

Motor is a 2007 2 stroke 150. It's not the HPDI, just the regular 2 stroke 150.

The DOM is 02/07.

Model info on the port side of the transom bracket says:

150TXR

6G4 X 1019126

J

I've gone through a bunch of schematics on boats.com (where I've bought most of my Yamaha parts) and cannot seem to come up with a part name or number. If someone is familiar with this motor and can point me in the right direction, thanks in advance!

The purpose of the part is it is what connects my battery leads to the motor. One of the posts was loose and snapped when I reinstalled after cleaning them up.

WHAT IS THIS THING CALLED & WHERE CAN I BUY ONE???!!! Thanks =)

Looks to be item 44.

Oh wait, I am not Rodbolt or townsends.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaStars
      The fact is that the people begging for rodbolts help, are rodbolt under a new name. This kid has issues.
      This is a false statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequoiha View Post
        This is a false statement.
        No, he is telling the truth. The kid has issues. He is speaking in the third person. About himself.

seastars has issues.

A bigger question is why is boats.net allowing seastars to continue to spoil the party here. Won't be long and this place will be live seastars home, THT.

I left THT because of folks like him and will soon depart here as well if he is allowed to continue to stir the pot.
        Last edited by boscoe99; 05-27-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

OK guys, seems to be a little bad blood floating around but hey, I am brand new over here and really do have some trouble identifying a part. Hope you can settle your beef via PM.

I was told over at Classic Mako to ask my question here and his screen name along with tonsendfjr1300 were brought up as potentially being able to help out. The folks over there are typically really helpful guys so I took the referral as a good start.

ClassicMako Owners Club, Inc. - Help with a Yamaha part #...

So far, I've got one suggestion for an item 44. Boscoe, I appreciate your time. Could I bother you to elaborate on "item 44"? Not sure what schematic you're referencing. I don't mean for you to spoon feed the link but if you can give me little more info to go on I'm hoping to order something today.

Thanks guys. This looks like a great site and I will be asking for more help as I try to learn to work on this motor more on my "own".

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
            No, he is telling the truth. The kid has issues. He is speaking in the third person. About himself.

seastars has issues.

A bigger question is why is boats.net allowing seastars to continue to spoil the party here. Won't be long and this place will be live seastars home, THT.

I left THT because of folks like him and will soon depart here as well if he is allowed to continue to stir the pot.
            Bosco I believe you quoted the wrong person in you replay or got mixed up who he was calling wrong. We do not want to confuse the issue.
            I have reported SS and hope something will be done soon.

We have not had issues like this in a long time, if ever, so hang in there and try not to feed the *****

Igoswoop hold on and I think Bosco or someone will post the parts breakdown he was referring to soon.
            Here is what I believe he was referin to
            http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...202/parts.html

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/ya...920-01-00.html
            Last edited by 99yam40; 05-27-2015, 09:03 AM.

Comment

99yam40, dude you & Boscoe are studs! I think that's it, thank you. The schematics usually are a little clearer to decipher for me but I'm pretty sure based on what I'm seeing you guys nailed it.

Thanks again for the links.

One more question if you don't mind:

I've owned the boat for a year almost and figure I might as well address the water pump impeller. Do I need this whole kit or will just an impeller do?

Part # 28 or 22 from this link:

2006 and Later 150TXR Yamaha Outboard REPAIR KIT 2 Diagram and Parts

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

Igoswoop hold on and I think Bosco or someone will post the parts breakdown he was referring to soon.
                Here is what I believe he was referin to
                2006 and Later 150TXR Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts

64D-81920-01-00 YAMAHA TERMINAL ASY
                99Yam40 has the link correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                  Bosco I believe you quoted the wrong person in you replay or got mixed up who he was calling wrong. We do not want to confuse the issue.
                  I have reported SS and hope something will be done soon.

We have not had issues like this in a long time, if ever, so hang in there and try not to feed the *****
                  seastars made another stupid statement. As usual. I read that statement as him referring to Rodbolt when he said "This kid has issues." I think that Sequoiha read it the same.

Sequoiha replied accordingly "This is a false statement."

I replied to Sequoiha that his statement was wrong insofar as seastars must have been referring to his own sorry self and not to Rodbolt.

Confusing isn't it? seastars, the kid, has issues. Rodbolt does not have issues. Well, maybe he (Rodbolt) does but those are different issues.

Comment

Originally posted by igoswoop View Post

One more question if you don't mind:

I've owned the boat for a year almost and figure I might as well address the water pump impeller. Do I need this whole kit or will just an impeller do?

Part # 28 or 22 from this link:

2006 and Later 150TXR Yamaha Outboard REPAIR KIT 2 Diagram and Parts

Thanks!
                    I have always used the kit, just a few bucks more and you get the cup and wear plate along with gaskets , orings,etc
                    The rubber wears on the metal surfaces and they need to be replace most of the time where I run shallow water, mud , and sand

Comment

Good call. I haven't run it much in shallow stuff but the previous owner may have. Kit & the terminal ordered. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

always good to have a few new lower unit drain gaskets around too
                        Yamaha recommends they be replaced when ever removing and replacing.
                        I have not done it every time, but who knows when you might need one or 2

Comment

Accidental Ban on rodbolt17

I am terribly sorry, I banned the wrong user based off of a reported thread with wrong user details... I am taking care of this now.
                          Regards,
                          Boats.net Forum Admin

Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts at
                          Discounts Up to 80% off Retail!

Comment

Say hello to Adam if you know him and if he is still there at boats.net

Comment

Working...
                            X