X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yamaha 115v4 big problem with power

Hi,
    I have 1992 Yamaha 115 v4 two stroke.
    I have water sepatator, new spark plugs, fresh petrol in tank and my boat have big problem with acceleration over 2000rpm, in this time it has big lag and have big troubles to accelerate more. When i'm alone on board it accelerate quite good but it has some problem about 2000rpm but it accelerates... but when i have 4 people on board it can exceed 2000rpm for a long time... . On neutral gear it accelerates smoothly to 4500rpm. Any ideas what i can do to repair it? ('sorry for my english, i don't know any technical words')

I gather its a carbureted engine?;

1992 115TJRQ Yamaha Outboard CARBURETOR Diagram and Parts

Do you use ethonol fuel, any fuel stabilizer and has the engine sat for any lenth of time(more than a month)?

It sounds as if your carbs are semi clogged up, especially the main jets. Repair would entail pulling the jets and cleaning them.

I would at least drain the carbs(there's a drain plug on each float bowl), catch what comes out and inspect.

If its NOT too bad, running 2-3x's the recommended amount of Yamaha's Ringfree may clear out the carbs without pulling them apart. Its good stuff BUT it has to be able to flow thru the jets to clean them...

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessorie...?b=Search&d=34
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 05-24-2015, 04:53 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
    X