6X3-48206-02-00 control box push or pull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6X3-48206-02-00 control box push or pull

Hi new to the forum. I have a 6X3-48206-02-00 control box and my question is can this be converted from a push to a pull type control. I know the older ones can, but can't find anything on this model of control box. this is on the 2006 and Yamaha motors.

Also whats the difference between the 4 and 2 stroke ignition switch? again on the same control unit 6X3-48206-02-00.
    Last edited by biomike3; 05-16-2015, 06:21 PM.

yes, no difference.

Comment

need more response

Does your yes response mean:
      1. yes, the switches for 2 stroke and 4 stroke are the same or,
      2. yes, the throttle control can either push or pull?

If it can push or pull how do you switch it?

I'm re powering from a Yamaha to mercury

Comment

He is saying that yes the control box can be converted from push to open to pull to open. Or, from pull to open to push to open.

He is saying there is no difference between a Yamaha two stroke ignition switch and a Yamaha four stroke ignition switch.

Comment

Do you know how to switch it from push to pull? Is it like the older models 701 for example.

Comment

Send me your email address via PM.

Comment

Ok I sent you a PM with my e-mail. Just wanted to make sure you got it. Honestly I haven't taken it apart yet. I looked at some blown apart parts pictures and can't see what need to be switch and can't find any info. So looking forward to you help

Comment

Patience is a virtue.

Email sent.

Comment

LoL, Yea I didn't mean to be pushy. I'm just new to this whole forum thing and not sure I sent the PM thing correctly. Oh yea I have to admit I'm pretty excited about getting this boat going.

I did receive the info, it clearly looks like your right. Thanks so much, It looks like you saved me a couple of hundred bucks.

Comment

just a matter of disassemble,flip. reassemble.

Comment

yes, thanks for all your help you are exactly right. It was quite easy disassemble, flip, and reassemble is pretty much spot on! Thanks to Boscoe 99's PM picture and directions. It was easy, maybe an hour.

This was a theft recover so I had to re-connect some wires that were cut. You know, thief's are not very smart, they cut things that were plugged in a few feet away, then they couldn't get them anyway, LOL. I bought this boat from the impound yard. We're close to going fishing!

Thanks again to everyone for their help.

Comment

Working...
                      X