Overheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheat?

Just started my SX200TXRB for the first time using a hose and muffler. Started up great - it took a minute but I got some weak water flow out the pee hole - but I have never had great water pressure in the hose. After a couple minutes the buzzer started to go off. I shut it right down and gave it a few minutes but the buzzer went off again as soon as I started it up. The water pump is 2 years old. Any other diagnostics I can do? Should I bring it to the launch and start it up there to see if running it completely submerged will improve the flow? Any other conditions I should check to make sure its an overheat buzzer? The oil reservoir is full. Thanks.

welcome to yammys

piss poor cooling systems and over priced parts

Comment

Originally posted by 01walter View Post
      Just started my SX200TXRB for the first time using a hose and muffler. Started up great - it took a minute but I got some weak water flow out the pee hole - but I have never had great water pressure in the hose. After a couple minutes the buzzer started to go off. I shut it right down and gave it a few minutes but the buzzer went off again as soon as I started it up. The water pump is 2 years old. Any other diagnostics I can do? Should I bring it to the launch and start it up there to see if running it completely submerged will improve the flow? Any other conditions I should check to make sure its an overheat buzzer? The oil reservoir is full. Thanks.
      yep, might want to have a look at your gauges to see what they tell you the alarm is when it goes off.
      But then trying it submerged in water would be a good idea also since you said your wayer pressure was not any good

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have a temp gauge of any sort - the console has analog dials without a temp indicator. I tried to submerge the lower unit in a garbage can but its not wide enough to fit the entire unit. I guess I'll take it to the dock and sit at idle for a bit to see. I talked with the mechanic at my marina today and he felt that it was likely that the muffs were not providing enough water flow - best tested with the unit submerged. We will see this weekend....

Comment

even if the gauges do not have temp read out they should have an alarm set up to let you know what alarm is coming in when it does

Comment

Working...
          X