Neutral switch location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral switch location

Can someone tell me the neutral switch location on a 2001 200 hpdi. I wanna inspect it to make sure nothing came loose.

Terminology issue here, the start in gear protection switch is inside the control box (aka) shifter, the shift cit out switch is on the shift rail, there is another switch there as well but don't recall the name.

Comment

three switchs.
      like its been pointed out the Nuetral start switch is in the control box.

the shift position switch is on the shift slide.

the shift cut switch is also on the slide.

Comment

Thanks but that doesn't really help me. I'm looking for a diagram of the engine with regards to the switch.

Comment

As noted, the neutral safety switch is not on the motor. It is in the control box.

It is shown as item 10 in this illustration. Assuming you have a 704 type control box.

Would be helpful to also know what specific model motor that you have.

2006 and Later Rigging Yamaha Outboard CONTROL BINNACLE PREMIUM SINGLE Diagram and Parts

Comment

2001 200 hpdi. Z200txrz. What about the 2 switches on the motor?

Comment

Twin engines

Comment

You asked specifically about the neutral safety switch.

"Can someone tell me the neutral switch location on a 2001 200 hpdi. I wanna inspect it to make sure nothing came loose."

The two switches on the motor are as Mr. Rodnut stated the shift cut switch and the shift position switch.

Here's one?

2001 Z200TXRZ Yamaha Outboard CONTROL Diagram and Parts

What happened or what did you do, to make you think that some switch, some where, came loose?

Comment

Port engine is not going above 3400 rpms.

Comment

neither switch on the engine is your issue.

Comment

So what do you think my issue is?

Comment

fuel, like it is 99.9% of the time.
                        a quick run up at load and speed will tell you rapidly and YDS can record the last 13 min or so of engine data.

electrical issues are rare on the HPDI and if the ECU sees a sensor out of range it locks base timing,increases idle speed and top speed may or may not be reached.

yep its that simple.

Comment

Other than it being my high pressure pump I don't think it's a fuel issue. Everything was changed prior to launch. When my high pressure pump went on my other engine it acted totally different than it is now.

Comment

My Yamaha 115 4 stroke won't start, unless I advance throttle in neutral. Starts, revs fine. Try to drop back into neutral to engage prop & it dies. Could this be the neutral safety switch or the shift position switch ? Motor is F115 TXRA. Where are each of these switches ?

Comment

Originally posted by Prof Thomas View Post
                              My Yamaha 115 4 stroke won't start, unless I advance throttle in neutral. Starts, revs fine. Try to drop back into neutral to engage prop & it dies. Could this be the neutral safety switch or the shift position switch ? Motor is F115 TXRA. Where are each of these switches ?
                              If the motor is cranking, but not starting (which is what you said) it is neither the neutral safety switch or the neutral position switch.

My guess would be something is amiss with the IAC. Idle Air Control valve. AKA ISC.

Comment

Working...
                              X