Yamaha service kit - review and feedback needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha service kit - review and feedback needed

I am a do it your selfer on my Yamaha 90 two stroke every year I like to change the lower unit lube, change the fuel filter and change the plugs. I have found that it is a real pain to find all of these part including required gaskets and Oring so am looking at developing a kit to include the following:

- Pennzoil High Viscosity lower unit gear lube 80W-90 (1 qt.)
    - Shoreline lower unit lube Fill Pump
    - Two Yamaha drain plug gaskets model 90430-08020-00
    - Yamaha fuel filter element model 61N-24563-10-00 with genuine O-Ring gasket
    - Three NGK B8HS-10 spark plugs
    cost would be about $50-60

Was wondering if any of you other do it your selfers would mind giving me feedback on this? Something you would find useful? Anything about the kit you would add or remove? Attached is a photo of kit.

Any feedback would be appreciated and thanks for your time.

Tony
    Attached Files

You can buy lower unit oil anyplace, heck even walmwrt carries it and the pump.
    no one needs to buy a pump each time they change the lube.
    You can buy the Yamaha parts you need on the this web site at great prices.
    so why are you even thinking about doing this to start out with?

If you are trying to advertize for sale something on this site then you are on the wrong site, you will get warned or kicked off

Comment

Right or wrong, a number of Yamaha owner's only want to use Yamalube in their motors. Pennzoil, even if equal or superior to Yamalube, will turn some customers away.

Spark plugs being replaced, IMO, are not an annual service item. Just like an oil pump, it would be a waste to buy them annually as they simply might not need to be replaced.

Same thing with fuel filters. If a guy uses clean fresh fuel and only runs his motor a small number of hours per year does he need to change his filters?

Sorry to say but I think you will have a strong head wind against you.

Comment

*** this is great feedback. Just to clarify I am not looking to advertise. I am a boat owner (yamaha 90) and perform my own general maintenance. For me it is a pain and very time consuming to track down the parts to perform this maintenance. Was thinking it would be nice to go to a website And order this kit shipped to your door provided it is competitively priced. I think you both are correct about the pump most people who do this will already have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Headwaters Trade View Post
          *** this is great feedback. Just to clarify I am not looking to advertise. I am a boat owner (yamaha 90) and perform my own general maintenance. For me it is a pain and very time consuming to track down the parts to perform this maintenance. Was thinking it would be nice to go to a website And order this kit shipped to your door provided it is competitively priced. I think you both are correct about the pump most people who do this will already have it.
          For it to work you would need to setup a "kit" for numerous combinations for model specific parts and allow for additions and subtractions from the list of parts.

Comment

yes. same parts shown in orginal post for the 40-90 two stroke.

Comment

Working...
            X