Lower unit removal on C85TLRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower unit removal on C85TLRR

New to this forum and I have a question on removing the lower unit to have it pressure tested at my local marina. 5 screws located on the bottom....
    Are there any other mechanical/connections to disconnect to remove the lower unit? It looks as though there is a "tube" or rod that sits inside the engine cowling running from the lower unit up into the engine area...
    Any help if you are familiar with this model would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks!

remove the 5 bolts,dissconect the speedo tube, if equipped, and drop it.
    leave the shifter in N.

Comment

lower unit

Does that speedo tube disconnect at the bottom of the unit or up in the engine area. I think I see the tube/rod connect up in engine area with a pin. What links,connects the connection to the fwd/rev/nuetral?? Never removed one and just want to be careful TIA!!

Comment

shift shaft is splined and just slips out and back in
        speed o tube should be a rubber hose you disconnect right above where the lower splits off, plastic tyrap may need to be cut and then pull the connection apart before you have to be holding the lower unit and disconnecting the tube

Comment

lower unit removal

thanks!!!! appreciate it, just found my service manual on cd and it diagrams the parts and instructions......sometimes it's unclear but I got it now.
          Thanks again!!!!

Comment

Tell tale/pee hole C85tlrr

Got my LU back from the yamaha repair facility. They found a leak, replaced the upper seal and I also had them replace the impeller and pressure tested good. I reinstalled the LU with no problems and tested the water output from
            new impeller/tell tale. Looks good! Launched the boat and went for a short trip.
            Everything looking good until about 45 minutes into the trip and no water from the pee hole! Was very close to the boat ramp and pulled the boat out. Looked at the exit tube for obstructions and did not really see anything although I did insert a small wire to remove any debris that might have been in there. Back at home I ran my muffs and the pee hole water is back! Have tried with muffs a couple of times since and still looks good. Anyone have any ideas what the prob (if any) is? I don't know if the stat could contribute to the issue? TIA......

Comment

Might have been some crap in the block before hand and running it jarred it loose.

If its peeing now, running great, no alarms, etc, go play!
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

tell tale and thermostat

thanks for the reply....I thought so. Do you know if a thermostat can cause pee stream issues?
                1993 C85tlrr, no oil injection, must mix.
                Last edited by dannyope; 06-07-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

thermostat has nothing to do with tell tale water.

Comment

tell tale and thermostat

thanks for all the quick replies!!

Comment

Working...
                    X