No announcement yet.

F300 belt issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some time in 2013 the F300 got the latest thrust bearings. It is serialized to the motor. No one ever wants to give us the complete model, let alone the PID, so I can't say what anyone's motor has in it.

Comment

Are those roller type thrust bearings?...it's hard to tell from the diagram...what are the new design bearings made of?....

Comment

What is Yamaha’s stance on these f300 issues when warranty is expired?

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
          Are those roller type thrust bearings?...it's hard to tell from the diagram...what are the new design bearings made of?....
          They are not roller bearings. Plain bearings. No idea what the material type is.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
            Don't know today. They used to have a very generous goodwill policy that paid for repairs after the warranty or the YES contract had lapsed. For some period of time. Known problematic issues were usually covered for longer periods of time than random failure issues.

Comment

I want my 400 bucks back for my new balancer. And 200 should do it for my time and aggravation. Do you know who I can call?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
                Sounds like it will be similar (or, simular if you prefer) as with the exhaust stack corrosion issue! "Never happened, nothing to see here, move along...."

Comment

no upgrades,no better stuff.
                  kinda like the F300/350 rotor issue or shift shaft bushing issue.
                  dog it till it is dead or sell it while it is still in warrenty.
                  Yamaha will NOT give a thrust bearing min/max.
                  I am 57.
                  built my first 327 chevy at age 15 in auto shop at Hogan high in Vallejo CA.
                  since then I have built several thousand 4 stroke articulated rod interal combustion engines.
                  most had a thrust spec of .003-.010".
                  some went as high as .015"
                  I have seen a few 4.2L with as much as .o65" just before failure.

Comment

Rod, what is the shift shaft bushing issue?

are they wearing out or is there corrosion building up in the hole and squeezing the bushing tight on the shaft maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by oldmako69 View Post

Sounds like it will be similar (or, simular if you prefer) as with the exhaust stack corrosion issue! "Never happened, nothing to see here, move along...."
                      That is not Yamaha's position at all. They know the problems and fix them when they can. Thrust bearings fixed, F150 balancers fixed, exhaust section fixed, etc., etc.. Yamaha pays for repairs when the motor is in warranty or when the motor is under a YES contract. Yamaha lots of times pays for repairs when motors are out of warranty or out of YES. For a period of time.

Now does Yamaha do for every owner what every owner wants them to do? Nope. Same as with any other company of most any product.

Comment

thrust bearing issue patched, I have replaced powerheads from 2014,2015,2016 and 2017.
                        balancer issue,well at least it is not a 100% failure now but we have redone some -03 balancers.
                        have not seen any issues after replacing the ex stack.
                        rotor issues on the f300/350 eghhhhh.
                        to me that thrust bearing just has to many parts and no spec to check it.
                        at least back in the day

Comment

??????????????????????????????????

Comment

back in the day there was a spec for about any engine crankshaft end play and it was adjustable by bearing selection.
                            Yamaha offers no selection on the thrust bearing and no crank endplay spec.

Comment

Working...
                            X