Bass Tender 10.2 Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Tender 10.2 Boat

Bought a 4HP Yamaha for the boat but all it will do is plow through the water. Its rated for a 7HP but I would like to know if this will be enough motor to get it up on plane. If any body has or had one would appreciate any advice. Thanks

You didn't give much info, ie, 2 stroke, 4 stroke, hull style, brand, etc.

However, go to this link; Outboard Performance, Performance Bulletins | Yamaha Outboards and put in your information.

It'll also get you in the ball park for what prop you need...

**A tachometer will help in getting the engine into the correct WOT RPM range**.

I would think a properly set up 10' boat, with a 4hp (and as light as possible) should be able to get up on plane. Not fast but not plowing either.
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 04-10-2015, 05:03 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Also depends on how much weight you have in that little craft
      there would be a very big difference between a small person with gear and a very large person with gear

4 hp is not much, maybe just putt around like a *****ing motor

Comment

I had a Yamaha 4HP on my 17 ft. Aluminum canoe and it was not very fast...on a boat like yours I wouldn't expect much in the way of speed...

Comment

Bass Tender

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate the quick response. As for as the weight goes I'd say all total including boat would be like 475-500lbs. Don't see many of these boats around but we love the boat. I just don't want to spend more money on a bigger motor and then end up with the same problem. Right now I'm looking locally for someone that has a 7-8hp I can borrow just to see if it will do the job.

Comment

It all just depends on how fast and how far you want/need to go....

Comment

Working...
            X