Rodnut,Yam99, others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodnut,Yam99, others

I am thinking of creating a tutorial, with 8X10 color glossy photos with circles and arrows, that will cover the Precision Blend System (PBS) on 1996 and later V6 Yams, but wonder if I am wasting my time?

Folks seem to come here, report a symptom, and expect to read advice as to which part to tweak/change to solve their problem.

Seldom do I read of folks asking how something works, so that they can do their own trouble shooting. I can't diagnose a problem from reading about a symptom on the inner web any more than Dr. Frist could watch a dying woman on television and report on her problem.

What say yee?

Maybe you could get it up as a sticky on top so it is easy for them to find, and then just tell them to look up there when they ask

Comment

sticky or not as a new owner of an 01 sx225 and info i have gleaned from past and present post are greatly appreciated im great with autoglass but boating is always a great adventure thanks guys for the helpful info you keep posting
      01 Whitewater 210 CC sx225txrz MOLON LABE

Comment

I think any info, pics or tutorials is awesome! I have used this site for so much info! I truly think a lot of people spend hour reading/looking at post, I know I did/do. Keep up the great info!
        Ron

Comment

I would help with that.
          if you could take a trip here to the outer banks I could find a motor/hull to deal with.
          as long as your video has an edit function .

Comment

Not sure where Bosco99 resides,
            made me look and I did not have location of myself listed.
            So I entered mine so it shows

He could probably use some of Rodbolts info he has posted and add pics with arrows and circles.
            Video may get too involved to cover it all properly

Comment

No video. Just word and pictures. Maybe some Power Point stuff for graphics.

My plan would be to have you guys proof read it for any corrections, clarifications or any other editing that would be useful.

I did once upon a time make a complete PBS simulator from an engine that was torn apart. Had the ECU, a key switch, both oil tank switch assemblies, and a pump installed. Move the floats up and down and the oil pump would come on, or not. Had tachometers (multifunction and Command Link) that displayed oil system warning functions. Also had two switches to simulate thermoswitch closures so this could be seen on the tachometers. It was a damn fine learning tool if I may say so myself. Nothing like playing with a system to better understand it.

Comment

Sounds really good to me...

I wish I could help...
                I'll be one of the guys that can learn with that.

Don´t give up from the idea.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea to me :-)

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300
                    Stickies are used on most forums.

I would suggest trying to keep it simple as possible. As noted, lot's of circles, arrow's for posted pictures and specifics(say for impeller retainer), etc.

I've found if NOT needed, a very long sticky, for a simple problem, folks won't bother reading it. Obviously, put in what is required.

On another forum (Yamaha motorcycle forum) I frequent, stickies are added all the time as new models come out with different issues/fixes. So this doe NOT have to be a one time thing but something admin can post as a sticky as time goes on..
                    That's my dilemma. For some to trouble shoot the system they have to understand it. Most don't want to take the time to learn so they can trouble shoot. They want silver bullet solutions shot their way.

Comment

Agreed, its easier to post here and have the years of exeriance (here) address their particular engine/issue without owning a shop manual, owners manual, etc.

For common problems, IE, the low idle issue on the F150s (new). Perhaps something short on re-setting the TPS, etc to fool the computer and fix it. That information is NOT to be found in the shop manual. I know Rodbolt has posted on it as I've utilized it but new folks(or lazy) most likely won't find it..

Water pump issues, retainer clips for impellers, the water transfer tube that sometime rot away-what to look for. Adjusting the clip to keep the verticle driveshaft from shifting up and down making banging noises (again, not addressed in the shop manual).

It'd be a bunch of work, but addressing one thing at a time would slowly knock it out. If admin would allow / have a section for stickies would be great..
                      Scott
                      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

whoa now, he was not talking about doing all of that in this post, just attacking the oil system

Now if you feel like attacking a bunch of other subjects you are welcome to try it.

Too many things and no one will pay find or look through them
                        Heck cannot keep people from bringing up old threads and most will not do searches as it is.

I know other forums have frequently asked question sections that no one pays attention to

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          whoa now, he was not talking about doing all of that in this post, just attacking the oil system
                          My boo, I read "beyond that". But yes any stickies (including the 2 stroke oiling systems would certainly help...
                          Scott
                          1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                          X