Yamaha 1988 70 hp outboard 70ETLG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 1988 70 hp outboard 70ETLG

Can someone help me? I have a 1988 70 hp Yamaha outboard model 70ETLG. I took the carburators off to have them cleaned but didn't take any pictures so I could put it back together. I took one linkage rod off trying to fix a problem and broke it putting it back together. Can anyone send me a picture of what it looks like when assembled correctly. I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown I have attached pics of where I'm at and the broken rod attached. Pic 650 shows in the top left where the top part of the linkage rod attached. There is a rubber roller there but I can see what it would roll on. Pic 653 shows the same with the broken linkage rod attached.

Thanks for any help.

Robert
    Attached Files

No sure but looks like the roller would be for your timing advance and maybe on the bottom carb? Maybe you mixed up the position of the carbs?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I'll check on that tomorrow but I think the carbs can only fit one way?

Thanks

Comment

Never did your 70 hp but mine is a 3 cylinder 50 hp and the carbs will interchange in any order, but there are different things on each carb to control various things. Just looks like you have the #3 carb on the #1 cylinder

Comment

My C40 has the roller on the bottom carb, but have no idea on an 88 70
          I would not think they would change up that much in years or motors though

Comment

Yamaha 1988 70 hp outboard 70ETLG

I believe you and Tweekster are right. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
            X