F225 Crank/not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 Crank/not start

Hi, had my (2003)F225 TURB lift to remove tilt & trim to be refurbished; after 3 months got tilt & trim back. But now engine cranks but not start: there is arc at spark plugs. please, any suggestions.
    Noticed that trim sensor is lock, will sensor prevent engine to start?
    Thanks
    Last edited by EZ-A/C-MIAMI; 01-30-2015, 10:50 PM.

no
    don't chase ghosts or rabbits.
    at key on does the fuel pump run?

Comment

225, not starting

An arc at plugs is not good, what is arcing, is it the plug wires arcing to the heads? Or the plug itself arcing to the head? Or, is the arc from the rubber plug cap/ boot at the top of the plug? Is it one plug arcing, or more than one? whatever is arcing (dry rotted plug wires, boots, or bad plugs) will need to be replaced.

Also listen, as Rodbolt suggested, when key is on, do you hear the fuel pump?
      Good luck. Post what you find.

Comment

I am reading the OP as saying that he has spark across the spark plug.

If so, and if the cylinders have compression, I would be looking for a fuel delivery issue. As Rod says, does the pump run for a few seconds when the key is turned on?

Better still, is their fuel pressure to the FI rails?

The trim sensor has no bearing on an F225 starting.

Mist a bit of gasoline into the air intake system while the motor is being cranked. Does it light off?

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the help, yes the hi pressure pump is not working; got power to it but not pump. Pull it from VTS tank, after some time moving impellent back and forward get it loose, tested with 12 volts directly to pump and was working ; put everything back and same thing happing: not gas out of VTS. Guess need new pump.

Comment

at key on the pump is supplied 12V + via the relay.
            pump ground path is ECU con*****ed via the pump driver.
            at key on the pump blue wire should ground for about 3 seconds.

Comment

Thanks Rodbolt, I must change the pump, I can hear she is running but nothing come out of discharge port.

Comment

could be there is no gas in the VST for it to pump

Comment

Like I said before: Got pump running ; problem was electric plug from pump inside VST did not made contact; I tuck a part VST again and put new connector from pump to outside plug. Engine start ok now. My error : damaged plug while testing pump along by sticking big solid wire to internal pump plug.

Thanks every body for your helps.
                  Best regards,
                  Ed

Comment

[QUOTE=EZ-A/C-MIAMI;101825]Thanks Rodbolt, I must change the pump, I can hear she is running but nothing come out of discharge port.
                    QUOTE:
                    What was running was the low pressure pump

Comment

Working...
                    X