Poor idle/no guts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor idle/no guts

Searches regarding the issue I am having with my 86 ETLJ 150 suggest I am looking at a carb rebuild project, but before I tackle that, I thought I might get some input from the experts here.
    I'll start by saying that I refill the tank at the end of each outing and add the appropriate amount of stabilizer since it is often months between outings. (There is always treated fuel in the carbs when I shut it down.)
    Last time out I had a significant issue with getting into gear 'cause the engine stalls when I idle down to shift. Once I finally was able to get it into gear and keep it running WOT was about 1200 RPM. Out of gear, when I rev to 3K, the RPM's fluctuate then drop back to 1200.
    Before heading out this weekend I hooked up the muffs and used a full can of Seafoam in the 3 carbs. Idled smoother and revved to 2K OK. But back in the water, no improvement. Stalls at idle and WOT is still 1200.
    Before I invest in a rebuild of the carbs (or try it myself), does anyone have suggestions about what else I can check?
Working...
X