2001 200hp HPDI Fuel pressures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 200hp HPDI Fuel pressures

MY 200 HPDI was running great, but now not so good. I thought it was a bad fuel issue, so I put fresh clean fuel in a remote tank, changed the Raycor 10 micron spin on, changed the filter on the side of the engine, cleaned the VST and installed a new VST filter, changed the mid pressure filter, & the micro basket filters in the HP pump. Also changed plugs as it has been awile. Compression was 110-115 on all cylinders. Engine starts harder than normal, but will idle smooth all day. When in gear and a load put on, it runs rough. YDS shows all sensors and switches ok. Did static tests on all injectors, coils, fuel pump, all working ok. I also checked the pressure at the VST output and it stays around 50-52 PSI at idle and under load. Checked the TPS and it was at .50 at idle. There are NO faults on the YDS diagnosis record. The item that has caught my attention is the fuel pressures on the YDS engine monitor. In gear at 1375 rpm the pressures are .36 MPa and 52.18 PSI. Shouldn't the second pressure be the HP pressure and be in the 700-800 psi range? If so, what might be causing the low pressure? HELP!
    Last edited by RPCrocker1; 12-10-2014, 11:19 PM.

If the HP pump is receiving an adequate amount of fuel, but won't output rated fuel pressure, then perhaps the pump itself has as an internal defect.

Might be time to have the pump inspected and serviced as needed. Only company that I know who performs this service is the following:

Flagship Marine, Inc.
    2427 SE Dixie Hwy.,
    Stuart, Florida 34996

Comment

make sure your drive belt, drive and driven gears for the HP pump are intact.
      your pressure sensor reading shows its running off the medium pump pressure.

Comment

Working...
      X