2000 F100 tachometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 F100 tachometer

00' F100 TLRY (carbs) - Yamaha Digital Tach/trim/oil-water indicators gauge not working. Is there info on how to troubleshoot. Also, wondering what would be the replacement for mine? I've looked for hours online but haven't found anything concrete.
    THANKS
    Last edited by groveboy; 12-04-2014, 09:29 PM. Reason: added info

Here's the catalog that should help;

2014 Yamaha MRP Catalog
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

New tach update

Received new tach from boats.net 6Y5-8350T-83-00 TACHOMETER ASSY and installed. The Factory DIP switch settings are SW1 ON, SW2 OFF, SW3 ON and I installed as is. Wires are pretty much plug and play except for a Pink and gray wire. Tag on pink wire states: for 2003 and earlier models F30/40/50/60. disconnect pink wire or tilt/trim will malfunction, I did not disconnect.
      Started engine and Tach is working fine but tilt/trim is blinking at 5 level and doesn't change when I move motor?
      THANKS FOR ANY HELP

Comment

Check the sender or the sender cam.

Comment

^^^, part #4, if its the old style, is made of plastic and does crack over time(and slip on the shaft);

2000 F100TLRY Yamaha Outboard BRACKET 2 Diagram and Parts

The updated, replacement one, at least for my F150, is made of coated steel and will last considerably longer than the plastic. Mine failed(cracked) within a couple of years. There is an alignment hole in the horizontal shaft that helps with the install...
          Scott

Comment

Just checked my motor and the plastic cam is cracked. Y'all are life savers. Will purchase metal cam, install and update when completed.
            THANKS A MILLION

Comment

Originally posted by groveboy View Post
              Just checked my motor and the plastic cam is cracked. Y'all are life savers. Will purchase metal cam, install and update when completed.
              THANKS A MILLION
              It only goes on one way (and doesn't come with directions) so pay attention to how the new cam contacts the switch lever. Te design is VERY different than the plastic one but functions the same.

Again, it likely has a small tab and a hole drilled in the horizontal shaft for alignment purposes.

I found just a little bit of play between the two, so you can "fine tune" so you dash gauge is dead on when fully trimmed down..

The new one won't break, extremly well designed, manufactured..
              Scott

Comment

Working...
              X