1999 150 overheating problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
    Exellent, please post your final outcome (sounds like you have it figured out).

BTW, My FJR was an 04, the first, (very HOT) Gen I bike. I sold it a couple of years ago, just too hot for southern Florida. Loved the bike, just couldn't ride it for half the year with the heat!

I usually rode W/O the bags, here it is loaded for a road trip.
    Nice looking FJR. Mine was an '07. Supposedly had the wind & heat management issues figured out by then. Unfortunately, it didn't hang around very long. I made the mistake of visiting a BMW dealer and left with a new K1200GT, which has since been replaced by a K1600GT. It's a sickness! LOL

I hope to get the motor on the boat all buttoned up tomorrow and I'll report my results.

Originally posted by DennisG01 View Post
    Good luck, Bob. I hope you've got things figured out! Sounds like you do.
    Thanks Dennis. We'll see tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by BuilderBob View Post
      I made the mistake of visiting a BMW dealer and left with a new K1200GT, which has since been replaced by a K1600GT. It's a sickness! LOL
      !
      Bet ya don't have this helmet lock for the K16(a BMW lock keyed to match the ignition-listed under "Easy Helmet lock");

http://pirateslair.net/HelmetlockS.htm

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-07-2014, 01:38 PM.
      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Bet ya don't have this helmet lock for the K16(a BMW lock keyed to match the ignition-listed under "Easy Helmet lock"
        No, I don't have one of those, but I'm familiar with the seller. Bought a few items from him in the past. Great guy.

Don't think it would work with my helmet. No D-rings to hook it through.

Today is the day that I get the boat buttoned back up and tested. I think I have it this time.

Comment

No, I don't have one of those, but I'm familiar with the seller. Bought a few items from him in the past. Great guy. Yep, Jerry @ Pirates Lair, he's my distributor. I design and make the brackets for him, (all the EASY HELMET LOCK ASSEMBLIES)

Don't think it would work with my helmet. No D-rings to hook it through. If you get a "T" helmet lock extension, has a hole in one end), you slip that thru the chin strap of the helmet and it works like a "d" ringed helmet (got that from the helmet distribitor);

http://www.amazon.com/MC-Enterprises...LOCK+EXTENSION

Today is the day that I get the boat buttoned back up and tested. I think I have it this time.
          Good luck, hopefullly it goes well!
          Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 11-08-2014, 07:54 AM.
          Scott

Comment

Success!

Got it all back together and tested. No leaks from the head covers and a strong stream from the telltale, even at idle.

Temps held steady in the 120~130 degree range throughout the 20 minute test run.

Now, let's tally up what I have spent to correct this screw-up that I brought on myself.

Nah, let's not. I'm embarrassed enough.

Thanks for all the technical and moral support!

Comment

Excellent!

Nice having that lazer temp gun to verify things huh?
              Scott

Comment

Excellent!

Nice having that lazer temp gun to verify things huh?
                You got it! Thanks for that tip as well.

If you ever find yourself riding near the Daytona area, let me know. I'll buy you a beer!

Comment

You got it! Thanks for that tip as well.

If you ever find yourself riding near the Daytona area, let me know. I'll buy you a beer!
                  Thanks!!! Boat/ride safe!!!
                  Scott

Comment

Excellent! I bet it feels good!

Laser temp gun - one of my favorite tools! My kids love it, too... but for different reasons.
                    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Working...
                    X