Yamaha Water Pressure Tubing Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Water Pressure Tubing Replacement

Does the water pressure tubing part# 688-83666-00-00 have the nut and ferrule that go on both ends or do I need to buy these separately. My existing tubing needs to be replaced but when I removed it, it does not appear that the ferrules can be reused so I am wanting to know if I need to order two of the part#s 663-83668-00-00 when I replace the tubing. My gauge and connection to the head work perfectly, tubing is old and has cracked and leaking. Thanks,
    Last edited by Todd H.; 09-14-2019, 12:04 PM.

As I re-call you can just gently cut the old hose off the ferrule and remove it.

You shouldn't need new ferrules, and they wouldn't come with the hose in any event.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thank you for the response . Probably got 25 yrs of service out of the old tube, but heat, sun, weather and time have gotten the best of it. Will try what you suggest, I can always order the ferrules later if I need them.

Comment

688-83667-00-00 i believe is what you need, type that number on boats.net log in page and a picture of what is included will appear.

Comment

Thank you for the response. Part # 688-83667-00-00 includes the threaded fitting to the head, which I do not need. Even if the ferrules are not reusable then I still do not need the threaded fitting to the head and only need the ferrules which are with part# 663-83668-00-00.

Comment

Tried to use the old ferrules, no go. Tubing was old and ferrules compressed. (25+ yrs old) . I am likely one of the very small handful of users that has had a water pressure gauge installed and is communicating on this forum. I ordered two ferrules today along with the tubing.

Comment

Todd H., I have the same issue. I have already connected the new factory tube to the engine but found out when I removed the nut/ferrule from the gauge that I would need another nut/ferrulle. What was the Yamaha part number of the nut/ferrulle you ordered?

Comment

Hi friend,

See attached photo, I ordered two, one for each end, about $8 each.

Comment

Working...
                X