1986 pro v 150 replacement carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 pro v 150 replacement carbs

Any ideas on where I could find replacement carbs for my 1986 pro v 150. Original number I think is 6j91430103. Used if fine as long as in good shape. Thanks
    Howard Williams

Why do you need new ones?

Comment

ebay or Google is going to be your best bet. You might be able to find a used motor from which you can rob it of the carburetors.

New ones seem to be NLA. No Longer Available.

Comment

Reason for replace is I believe that the seat for the needle is not fitting right. Changed it out twice and it still doesn't seal off when it is supposed to. I have cleaned the seat so it shines. I believe that theses carbs cannot replace the seat. I will continue to look on eBay. Was hoping to find a lead .
        Thanks for the replies.

Comment

I wouldn’t do a damn thing until Rejisturd weighs in.

Comment

how did you try to polish the seat?

does the needle seat when you turn the carb upside down ( with carb and bowl off) and let the float seat the needle or when you press slightly on the float while upside down?

maybe the float has a problem

Comment

I polished the seat with a q tip. What is the best way. To test a float?

Comment

Originally posted by Hwilli1954 View Post
                I polished the seat with a q tip. What is the best way. To test a float?
                Push it under water (screw driver / wrench) over-night and see if it collects any water. If it doesn't, it should be good..

For cleaning the seat, I use a q-tip also but with either metal polish or toothpaste on the end. Cut off one end of the tip, put the shaft end into a drill motor and polish away..

Once that's clean, (unless pitted / damaged or popped loose) it should be good. If not good, I'd try another needle in that bore.
                Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

That what I did was q tip and drill with polish. Don't see no putting and looks good. I tried 2 different needles so I guess third time be the charm. I hope

Comment

you still did not answer my question about if the needle seals off when you turn the carb upside down with just the weight of the float pushing on the needle.
                    it is a normal test when playing with carbs

Comment

If can't get it to seal up you could try a rubber/plastic tipped needle...that may work.
                      OR
                      Use an old needle, attach it to a straw, chopstick, whatever and hand lap the seat very carefully with some real fine valve lapping compound. You are only looking for a very thin line where the needle contacts the seat...so just a little lapping then test for sealing....ect

Comment

Yeah, it is a problem not having replaceable seats as these things get older. I've got twin 200s with 12 seats to worry about. I believe I've got one that doesn't seal perfectly all the time. I can see it on my fuel flow gauge. Normally 9.7-10.0 gph at cruise. I will see 11.5-11.7 gph when it is not sealing. I narrowed it down by looking at plugs. One was a lot richer looking.

Comment

99 yam .. I did not do that test. I will after I get new needles for all three carbs. I already have them apart. I did test the floats in water over night and they all seam to be good with no leaking in them. After running I find fuel coming out of the carbs. All lines and pumps have been replaced. It is for sure coming out of the carbs. Carbs have been cleaned very good and new kits installed. Let them soak in carb cleaner over night. All little holes are open and clear. I will get new needles and adjust again.

Comment

I ordered OEM 6e5-14546-00-00 (6) I don't know if the needle valves I got in the rebuild kit were ,OEM or not. So I will be sure that theses are OEM. I will also take the advice to use some valve compound lightly in each seat.
                            Thanks for all the replies and advice. Will update when back together.

Comment

Several are leaking?
                              Scott
                              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Working...
                              X