Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garmin - Engine & Fuel data from F100 - Total/Remaining Fuel problem

Hi to all experts ...

My situation is that I have Garmin GPSMAP 421s Chartploter/Fishfinder (from 2008 but with latest firmware) conected to Engine (Yamaha F100 y2008) via NMEA 2000 so I get on GPSMAP all engine info and also fuel related informations like consumption and related calculations.

By this year everything works well - when I fill up the fuel I added the number to Garmin and as I boat around the engine data send the fuel consumption to Garmin and it deductet it ... consequentionaly I had the Fuel capacity exact up to a Litre.

This year it acts strange .. in example I add fuel and set the Garmin that my Fuel on Boat is 70 litres, I boat around and it deduct it normaly and in real time, at the end it shows 55 Litres ... I turn the engine Off, the Garmin Off, master switch Off ... after 2 days when I came back to boat the Fuel Capacity on Garmin shows initial 70 Litres ... meaning it did not "remember" the last deducted quantaty of fuel.

I have also noticed that it is quite slow with aquiring satelites and coordinates (even that location is same as when turned Off).

Any ideas ?
    Is it possible that the Internal Memory Battery is bad and somehow related to my problem.

Thank you in advance.
    Kepca

Certainly it’s a Garmin problem, nothing to do with the Yamaha or connection.
    I like the internal battery theory- there is a rechargeable button cell soldered to the circuit board inside the unit.

Comment

Working...
    X