Yahama 6y9 command link question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahama 6y9 command link question

I recently purchased a yahama 6y9 display to replace my fading square command link gauges. I installed it and it seems to be working but no engine data is displayed. After reading up some on the 6y9 display ive learned it may not be compatible with a 2017 SHO
    My question is. Is there a interface box or something i can do to make this 6y9 work with a SHO motor. I dont know if i can get my money back and it wasnt cheap

The 6Y9 is a Command Link Plus device. Intended for DEC (Digital Engine Control) models only.

The SHO is mechanically con*****ed and only compatible with Command Link only (no Plus) gauges/displays. Or non Command Link/Command Link Plus displays.zcl.jpg

Comment

So there is nothing that can be done to make it work? If not i guess i may have a 6y9 for sale

Comment

Nothing can be done that I know of.

Did you buy it from a dealer? Is it new and unused? Perhaps, just perhaps, a dealer might let you exchange it for a display that will work.

Comment

No i bought it online so ill have to see what they say now that it is been opened and installed

Comment

I have an F250 NCA with 6y9 dec control. can I use 6y8 round gauges?

Comment

Originally posted by jkellogg41 View Post
              I have an F250 NCA with 6y9 dec control. can I use 6y8 round gauges?
              Yes, the round 6Y8 gauges are plug&play compatible,
              I imagine you will need an additional wire

if you currently have a multiport hub:

if you have an inline hub, not a multiport:

Comment

Working...
              X