Yamaha Oil Gauge Sender Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dubber View Post
    Yes I understand that functionality is lost. What I would like to know is what functionality. Can you clarify what the green pair and separately what the yellow pair of wires on the motor represent?

Also thank you for posting info on the dip switches. Exactly what I was looking for.
    The functionality that I mentioned in a previous post.

There are four bars across the bottom of the display on your Yamaha multifunction tachometer. If the tachometer is not properly connected to the motor then if and when the motor over temps, or the oil tanks get low, those four bars are not going to do anything. If you hear the alarm sounding you will know there is a problem but you won't know specifically what the problem is.

If the trim sender wire is not connected then the trim bars on the right hand side of the display are not going to go up and down as the motor goes up and down.

I cannot comment upon what any particular wire colour on the motor does. Yamaha has changed wire colours over the years and even changes colours across connectors.

If you are not going to use Yamaha methodology to get engine data to the tachometer then you will have to be your own engineer.

Good luck.

Comment

No problem. I was just trying to determine if you or anyone had that particular knowledge on the wire colours for this connector. I know which are the trim wires. I am using Yamaha connectors, you misinterpreted what I meant by splicing in new style ones

I will take it from here unless someone else can confirm these colours. It is a "nice to know" for me.

Comment

Working...
      X