2005 f80 tlrb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 f80 tlrb

Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum for some time, as well as a nautical enthusiast, I have always liked to slap with everything related to the boat.

Recently due to oil pressure problems and after verifying with a pressure gauge that the pressure was not really good, the block was removed to change the oil pump.

After this the engine continues to sound lack of pressure and interestingly, we saw a very strange thing, at least for us, If the engine is parallel to the water, the oil pressure is good 50/60 psi approx, if we raise the engine with the trim, the pressure is also good, but if we lower the trim, the oil pressure drops to 8 psi.

The oil filter is new and the oil is at the correct levels. Does anyone know what it may be due to? The oil pan oil sucker maybe?

Thank you!

PS: my English is not very good at all, I have preferred to translate with a translator, I hope I understand

I have never heard of this problem before.

have you verified the oil pressure drops with a gauge attached?
    it sounds like you did because you gave reading.

I am not sure what the pick up screen and tube look like,
    but it sounds like the pump is not getting oil due to improper level or the oil pick up is some how sucking in air instead of all liquid oil

Comment

I have seen the oil pick up tube warped from over heat and suck air.

Comment

Thanks guys!

we suspect the same seems, something related to the oil straon located in the oil pan.

Now comes the fun, access the oil pan without problems.

Can anyone with experience tell me if it is necessary to remove the engine block to access the oil pan? If possible, apart from the GASKET any replacement that is mandatory change? The idea is to wish to have everything you need before opening the engine to replace all parts

Thanks for all!

https://www.boats.net/catalog/yamaha...b-2003/oil-pan

Comment

Yes. Engine will have to be removed.

Comment

thanks guys

Comment

Good to see no panic involved

Comment

Working...
              X