Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha 60hp 4 stroke FI Miss / stutter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    ok another maybe stupid ?.........from all the diagrams that i have seen ...... i cant see anythying under the water pump that would MAKE or Break the water pump from working ....i mean the boat propeller will work going forward and reverse........ so maybe im missing something but im still at a loss

    Comment


    • #47
      Just to clarify, you assembled the WP completely, wrapped the driveshaft, submerged in water and spun it over at least 700 RPMs?

      And nothing?

      Did you inspect under the pick up screens?

      Scott
      1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

      Comment


      • #48
        did you replace the WP housing also?
        if there is any sign of damage from heat or other things that plastic piece needs to be replaced.

        make sure you have the proper kit and have all gaskets and o rings in place.

        you said you did not submerge the lower unit all the way to cover the pump, it might be a good idea to get it all the way to the pump, as they do not suck air very good to pull water up into the pump

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post
          Just to clarify, you assembled the WP completely, wrapped the driveshaft, submerged in water and spun it over at least 700 RPMs?

          And nothing?

          Did you inspect under the pick up screens?
          yes i bought a complete wp kit from yamaha housing and all ....... had the lower unit submerged all the way to the top of the lower unit casing the only part that wasnt submerged was the dowel pins in the lower unit and ran the drill slow...then faster....then throttled it a coulple quick times ...and nothing ......

          Comment


          • #50
            Mr Big time

            Are the passages under the pump that go down to the inlet screens clear?? Remove the inlet screens and make sure those passages are clear up to the pump. You can simply pour water down the hole under the pump and see if it drains freely out the intake ports.

            If the water inlet passage is clear then you have the pump assembled incorrectly.

            Put the lower unit right down in the water to test so just the pump outlet is barely started sticking out. The pump is not self priming and has to have water in it to start pumping.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Bigtime57 View Post

              yes i bought a complete wp kit from yamaha housing and all ....... had the lower unit submerged all the way to the top of the lower unit casing the only part that wasnt submerged was the dowel pins in the lower unit and ran the drill slow...then faster....then throttled it a coulple quick times ...and nothing ......
              I have not seen a Yamaha WP kit that contained a WP housing, always had to buy separately

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post

                I have not seen a Yamaha WP kit that contained a WP housing, always had to buy separately
                you are correct ..i mis stated when i said i bought as a complete kit.... when i ordered the internal parts it said "usually purchased with " and it was the housing...... sorry didnt mean to confuse anyone ....

                Comment


                • #53
                  well ,I thought it may be aftermarket kit/parts

                  if you are sure you have the correct parts and installed them properly,
                  time to make sure up are getting water to the pump for it to pump.

                  or take to a good shop

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    well guys i have taken this thing out and checked rechecked and checked again...and still nothing....so i have swallowed my pride and taken it to a shop to check it out............ i will let you know what i find out..........and yes if its something i was doing wrong ...ill admit it to you all....... just gonna suck to pay someone to tell me i did it wrong.........lol ...sorry sometimes you just have to laugh at life and live another day

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Bigtime57 View Post
                      well guys i have taken this thing out and checked rechecked and checked again...and still nothing....so i have swallowed my pride and taken it to a shop to check it out............ i will let you know what i find out..........and yes if its something i was doing wrong ...ill admit it to you all....... just gonna suck to pay someone to tell me i did it wrong.........lol ...sorry sometimes you just have to laugh at life and live another day
                      It takes Big man to admit to his faults
                      Good for you!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X