No announcement yet.

Yamaha 60hp 4 stroke FI Miss / stutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally found the alarm.... all wires look like they are intact except for this one red wire that i have pictured ....i tightened up the mount where the lanyard attaches and now it will kill the motor when you remove it but still no alarm......does this red wire that anyone can tell need to have 12V going to it..... and on a NOTE the red wire is coming out of the larger connection down stream of the lanyard mount...... the buzzer has a pink wire running to it if that helps
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bigtime57; 08-01-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Well got the alarm hooked back up ....ran the motor and in less than 5 min alarm went off..... took temp reading with meter...... getting hot.....long story short ..... water pump impeller is shot....think we have found the problem......thanks again for everyones help

Comment

Plz post back when the known issue is found..
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtime57 View Post
          Well got the alarm hooked back up ....ran the motor and in less than 5 min alarm went off..... took temp reading with meter...... getting hot.....long story short ..... water pump impeller is shot....think we have found the problem......thanks again for everyones help
          Did you ever change the impeller before?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post

Did you ever change the impeller before?
            No this is the first time...and they was nothing left of the impeller but the center ring...all the fins was gone ........ cant believe i havent had trouble before now

Comment

No this is the first time...and they was nothing left of the impeller but the center ring...all the fins was gone ........ cant believe i havent had trouble before now
              Wonder where all the fins ended up? Probably a few in various nooks and crannies of the motor.

Comment

Wow, how many hours you got on that motor?
                I got 2006 with 1650 hours and did the impeller once just preventive maintenance about 4 years ago, looked like new.
                actually kept all the replaced old parts as backup

Attached Files
                Last edited by lifeisfun; 08-07-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Comment

You really need to look for / remove the missing vanes.

Their in the engine somewhere..
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisfun View Post

Wow, how many hours you got on that motor?
                      I got 2006 with 1650 hours and did the impeller once just preventive maintenance about 4 years ago, looked like new.
                      actually kept all the replaced old parts as backup
                      i have 260 hours on the boat.....i was really shocked that the impeller was completely destroyed except for the center...... i have found probably 95% of all the vanes....just pieces all over the place..... i cleaned out the lines and pretty much everywhere i thought pieces could go ...... i did notice the key way slot was smooth inside so i am thinking the keyway slot stripped and let the impeller slip.......

Comment

i have 260 hours on the boat.....i was really shocked that the impeller was completely destroyed except for the center...... i have found probably 95% of all the vanes....just pieces all over the place..... i cleaned out the lines and pretty much everywhere i thought pieces could go ...... i did notice the key way slot was smooth inside so i am thinking the keyway slot stripped and let the impeller slip.......
                        Keen to see pictures.
                        Would think unlikely for impeller to slip. Is the key missing?

Comment

That's weird!
                          Perhaps someone started the outboard dry?

Comment

It's not unusual for the smaller engines to loose the vanes. Read about MANY of them on this forum.

It's good you found most of the vanes and should be ok. Never read of the key way splitting(as it's designed to), the rubber / vanes go away, melt (no cooling water, etc)..

The larger engines, the vanes just take a set. Pretty rare for the vanes to break away.

If there's ANY discoloration / distortion to the SS cup, replace it and all the O-rings. Just a little distortion WILL cause issues..

Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-08-2019, 06:06 PM.
                            Scott

Comment

Bigtime57
                              this is off topic but like to ask you favour, could you please check on your f60 if you have any play on your prop up down left right?
                              It would feel like slight click click moving it.
                              Thanks

Comment

Well guys I have spoken to soon on my fix..... thought everything was fine but now its overheating again..... did a static flush and found 2 small pieces of vein rubber that came out...... but now I cant get water to my thermostat..... i took the thermostat out and it was dry ...... havent ran it hardly any due to getting hot i dont want to damage anything ........ but im at a loss on where to start to see what blocking the passage to the thermostat.....im guessing more veins......any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                                X