Water pressure ...HELP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pressure ...HELP!!

Ok new to forum ... need some help I have a 2004 vmax Vx200tlrc. I知 getting a low water pressure alarm at low rpm. I have replaced both t stats , the popit valve and rebuilt the water pump. All water jets seem to be clear. I have flushed the motor with no t stats in it. Does this motor have a water pressure sensor somewhere or could it be my gauge . My gauge is reading (0).
    t

Need some help. Missing out on all my prime fishing times . Just missed the fishing rodeo that I fish every year. This is driving me nuts. Scared to put it in the water and tear something up

Comment

is it a tube or wires that go to the gauge?
      if a tube disconnect and blow on the tube to see if it is plugged.
      if wires follow them the the sending unit

Comment

It痴 a tube. The tube pic-up in the lower unit had some debris in it when I had it apart to rebuild the water pump. Well I think it was the pic-up tube. Plastic with a hose barb on it bolted to the housing. Removed the hose and cut it back some. Cleaned out opening.

Comment

I replaced the t stats and the popit valve a couple of weeks ago and it ran fine while out on a fishing trip. No alarm. Came home cleaned fish and flushed the motor. While motor was flushing it quit pissing so I turned it off quickly. Ordered new pump kit rebuilt pump and alarm is going off with it one the ears. Never done that before. And my gauge is at zero.

Comment

tube coming from lower unit is probably for boat water speed.

look at the gauge itself to see what drives it.
            is it a separate gauge for water pressure ?

have you tried cleaning the Tell tale hose?

did you find any problems with the water pump when you took it apart?
            stick it in the water and see if it still overheats.
            Last edited by 99yam40; 07-22-2019, 08:17 AM.

Comment

In addition to the above, you might pull a thermostat and start the motor (stat cover removed) on ears or in the water.

See if any water is making it to the powerhead.

And plus 1, ^^, that barbed hose is for the Yamaha speedometer.

Dumb question but are you sure the impeller vanes are in the correct direction? IE, the drive shaft is turned clockwise (looking downward) as the housing is pushed over the vanes..

Did you test the stats in hot water (that they are opening) and you did re-install them, correct?
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Ok guys here痴 where I知 at with this issue. I have replaced the popit valve. Both T stats . Rebuilt the water pump. This weekend I pulled the foot. Pulled the water pump apart and put it back together. Everything is done correctly. Took the T stats out, undid all my hoses flushed with water hose.( high pressure nozzle). Ran the hose through every possible hose or water channel that I could. I had good water flow at every possible place. I put the foot and everything else back together ran the motor on ears for 10 minutes everything seemed fine and then.... the damn alarm goes off. I知 at a loss here. My next step I guess is I知 going to buy a flush kit for it and and see if I have calcium or salt build up in the water jets. Oh yeah tube for water analog gauge full of slime. Cleaned and reinstalled but not reading pressure. I have an analog and my Yamaha gauge has the water temp symbol in the lower left corner. When the alarm goes off the Yamaha gauge is flashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chave22bay View Post
                  ran the motor on ears for 10 minutes everything seemed fine and then.... the damn alarm goes off.

IMO on an engine that size, 'overheating' after running 'on ears'
                  is not necessarily an indication of a problem.
                  The motor is designed to run in the water

Comment

Did you see much salt build up inside?

And how many "salt" hours on the engine?
                    Scott
                    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

As I said before put the boat into the water to see if it still overheats.
                      big motors sometimes have a problem with not enough water flow with ears .
                      some people will have 2 hoses hooked up one to a set of ears and another to a flush connection to the power head(if your motor has that)

Comment

Working...
                      X