Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 F250 Check Engine message shows up when you first start the engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 F250 Check Engine message shows up when you first start the engine.

I have a 2007 F250, the check engine flash shows up when you start the engine the first time after the engine has been sitting all week. You can cut the engine off and start it back up and the check engine flash does not reappear and the engine runs fine. The engine will start through the remainder of the day without stating the check engine as long as the engine does not sit long periods of time without running. I have changed the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter between the fuel tank and engine, cleaned the main filter on the front of the engine, and replaced water pump and lower gear case oil. Is there a way to reset the check engine post to see if it comes back on?

Do you have command link gauges? If so, don’t turn the key off, hold down the mode button for 10-15 seconds and it will give you a code

Comment

I followed your directions and the code was 01, what does that mean?

Comment

01 means all systems are normal. No problemo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jxd43r12 View Post
          I have a 2007 F250, the check engine flash shows up when you start the engine the first time after the engine has been sitting all week. You can cut the engine off and start it back up and the check engine flash does not reappear and the engine runs fine. The engine will start through the remainder of the day without stating the check engine as long as the engine does not sit long periods of time without running. I have changed the oil, oil filter, spark plugs, fuel filter between the fuel tank and engine, cleaned the main filter on the front of the engine, and replaced water pump and lower gear case oil. Is there a way to reset the check engine post to see if it comes back on?
          What would be your best guess as to the problem?

Only happens if the motor has not been used for a while. Once the motor is put into use no check engine icon. What might have changed since you started the motor and run it for a while? Think about it.

Comment

B, this the first time the check engine has ever shown up. Regardless it has been reset and everything is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jxd43r12 View Post
              B, this the first time the check engine has ever shown up. Regardless it has been reset and everything is fine.
              Has the problem gone away completely? I thought maybe it was still happening after the motor has sat unused for a while.

My mistake.

Comment

Working...
              X