Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 11TXRZ Running Rich

Yamaha 2001 115TXRZ

Recently I replaced throttle control box and oil filter at bottom of oil receptacle. After starting it up, I noticed it idled very rough and would stall within 1 minute. I continued to do maintenance by replacing water fuel separator, fuel filter and new plugs.

I noticed the old plugs (one year old) were wet with oil. I've read that since I idle and slow ***** a lot, this can happen. I replaced with the same plugs as old, with NGK BR8HS-10 plugs.

I attempted to start motor several times before it finally started. The idle sounded normal, but still stalls within 1 minute. After several more starts and revving motor a few times, it would idle for a little more than a minute before stalling.

I noticed quite a bit of oil residue coming from where the propeller joins the lower unit. It seemed to dissipate some the more times I cranked the motor and run before stall.

I bought the boat a little more than a year ago and had the 100 hour maintenance done on it as soon as I purchased, but I thin they did not replace that small oil filter at bottom of oil tank, so who knows when that was last changed. I think with the new filter, since it is probably working properly now, tells me the oil is running too rich. Is there a way to adjust this? Do I need to run hotter plugs? Do I need to adjust the idle higher.

Please provide some guidance, as I know how to do the basic maintenance, but do not know how to do further trouble shooting.

Also, I am having trouble attempting to find a manual for my motor. Any guidance on that will be very much appreciated.
Working...
X