F90LB High Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F90LB High Idle

when I come into a dock or slow down the engine stays at high idle and I cannot shift out of gear easily. After I turn engine off and restart she is fine again. what would be cause of this? engine is a 2017 F90LB with the tiller handle. I am thinking throttle position sensor or idle control valve maybe?
    2017 Yamaha F90LB

Warranty ? Need to hook it up to a laptop and I doubt you have the software. No reason to guess.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
      Warranty ? Need to hook it up to a laptop and I doubt you have the software. No reason to guess.
      yeah I have an appointment next week. I was just wondering if there was anything small I could check before hand. I am 1.5hr away from dealer.
      2017 Yamaha F90LB

Comment

Originally posted by captjanes View Post

yeah I have an appointment next week. I was just wondering if there was anything small I could check before hand. I am 1.5hr away from dealer.
        All speculation at this point. Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

All speculation at this point. Where are you located?
          newfoundland, canada
          2017 Yamaha F90LB

Comment

I would make sure the throttle cable/linkage all returns to the proper places when throttled back,when the problem shows up.

sticking IACV might be the problem, or the ECU keep is keeping the timing or IAC set to high idle for some reason
            Last edited by 99yam40; 07-11-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X