Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

piston sub assembly dust seal/O-Rings Part #'s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston sub assembly dust seal/O-Rings Part #'s?

Hello I am replacing the seals and O-Rings of my Power trim tilt assembly on my 1992 225txrq and I have had trouble finding the dust seal and O-Rings for the Screw, Trim Cylinder end portion of the Piston Sub Assembly. In all of the diagrams that I have looked at it looks as though Yamaha sells the Piston Sub Assembly as one component because they don't specify the part #'s for these parts. I know this can't be true because I have taken the Piston Sub Assembly apart and I was able to take out the dust seal and the O-Rings(1 seal, 2 O-Rings). It looks like a larger version of the Valve Sub Assembly's Screw, Trim Cylender End(which I have already replaced all the seals and O-Rings). I am so close to being done but I don't want to put it back together with old seals/O-Rings that will only last a year or two. Thank you for your time!!
    Attached Files

1992 225TXRQ Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM TILT ASSEMBLY Diagram and Parts
    Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-04-2014, 04:28 PM.
    Scott
    1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Thanks, but I do have the seals and O-Rings in this diagram. I attached a picture to my initial post with a red arrow pointing to the cylinder end portion of the piston sub assembly. I need the dust seal and O - Rings for this piece and It doesn't show the part #'s in the diagram.

Comment

Didn't see the red arrow before, tks.
        Last edited by TownsendsFJR1300; 08-04-2014, 04:27 PM.
        Scott
        1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Unfortunately I ordered the seals for the trim end caps to see and they were too small.

Comment

Your model assembly 5GH only came as a complete piston sub assembly. The later version 61A assembly does sell the dust cap and o rings seperate. Not sure that they are a perfect match?????

How did you get that 5GH assembly apart?

Comment

There is a nut at the bottom of it that I had to break free. Everything slipped off from there. The cylinder end had the a large O-Ring on outside of it above the threads, there was a small O-Ring inside the cylinder end and a dust seal on the exterior of cylinder end where the rod comes through.

Comment

If I were a betting man I might make a wager that parts 7, 8 and 9 from this unit will work on your PTT assembly.

2000 175TLRY Yamaha Outboard POWER TRIM TILT ASSEMBLY 1 Diagram and Parts

Comment

Thanks!! I think I'm going to give them a try. I really appreciate everyone's help!!

Comment

some of the tilt cylinders don't list individual parts.
                    its either a sub assy or nothing.
                    the F350 is a good example.
                    when the corrosion,not if, backs out the dust seal the only fix is a 600$+ sub assy.
                    I did point this out to the Japanese engineers that spent a day at our shop a few months back.
                    about as stupid as a water in the fuel detect that only works if the motor is in neutral.

Comment

Working...
                    X