Buy Yamaha Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F225 stumbles when hot and put into gear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F225 stumbles when hot and put into gear.

Hi all, long time lurker and new member. I have an 05/03 manufacturer date F225 TXRC. It idles fine and gets to 5900 rpm fine, but when hot and you put it into gear it stumbles between 800 to 1200 or so rpm. seems like it is starving for fuel.
    What I have done so far is new TPS, new ISC valve which gets pretty hot, rebuilt injectors, throttle bodies synch and link. Tested lift pump and it cycles as it should. Also runs continuously when above 1100 rpm.
    Last check it had 40lbs at the fuel rail.
    Drained the VST and got about 5 ounces from it.
    Not sure where else to look, any ideas?
    Thanks!

Also changed the check valve on the lift pump.

Comment

Just wondering has any thoughts on this problem, I also have an 04 f200 with the same issues, idle's good but when you put it into gear will start to stumble when hot. I don't think my issue is fuel starvation because I had that problem a few years back and it was a different stumble. This sounds like the motor is knocking kind of loud, and it will stall within 30 secs if you don't give it a little throttle. Throttle clears up the stumble, I'm thinking maybe an injector is leaking and or overfueling, otherwise motor runs great during all rpms. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
      X