Power tilt and trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power tilt and trim

I have a 2008 Yamaha f40 jeha. Am looking to add power tilt and trim to it. Currently has hydro lift. Is this easily added.
    Thanks
    Ray

https://www.boats.net/product/access...ef=cmc%20pt-35

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Boscoe. My outboard is a jet and from what I’ve heard it needs to be close to the transom.

Comment

if that J means it is a jet, how will a set back affect the powering the boat

Comment

Originally posted by raychalsr View Post
          Thanks for the quick response Boscoe. My outboard is a jet and from what I’ve heard it needs to be close to the transom.
          Extension plate from the bottom of the hull. Live with the motor as is. Pay big big bucks to modify the motor to add a Yamaha power trim and tilt mechanism. Buy an F40 with power trim and tilt. Install your jet drive on it. Sell your old motor with the lower unit from the new F40 on it.

Life is a trade off.

Comment

Comment

Therefore the limited operation trim would lessen the usefulness of a power trim on a jet, So the biggest convenience would be a better raising and lowering?

Comment

Boscoe
                Great info. Thank you again. Am new to the world of jets. That solution should help alleviate the cavitation issue.
                Thanks
                Ray

Comment

Working...
                X