This sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sucks

Gonna try to recruit a MT for this forum. Long shot as he is not a fan of DIY.

.???.......

Comment

Not exactly sure what you mean.

Comment

is he referring to the absence of Rodbolt for the past week ?
        maybe is is on vacation -
        I certainly hope he returns.

IIRC his last post was a reiteration of teats-on-a-boar-hog
        perhaps he has tired of others insisting that a compression test has value....

Comment

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQfxaBdbr-bmTmehK3Ujq8ZKUeIfuJwWuzgJSA5LI8A4QN0pEI.jpg

This doesn't.

Comment

I had noticed that Rodbolt was absent, kind of sad if he has left, I remember his advice, and I think banning, from two different sites over the years. I can understand why he gets in a flap when good advice is offered but the poster just wanders off on a tangent and won't attempt what is suggested, or even worse, says why it's not right.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
              I had noticed that Rodbolt was absent, kind of sad if he has left, I remember his advice, and I think banning, from two different sites over the years. I can understand why he gets in a flap when good advice is offered but the poster just wanders off on a tangent and won't attempt what is suggested, or even worse, says why it's not right.
              We also had a guy out of Mobile named Sequoia. Also Seahorse. It would be fair to assume all good marine mechanics are busy this time of year. Sim frequents another forum and gets scarce this time of year.

Comment

you never know, but he might be dealing with his wife's family down in Vens, hope they are all OK

Comment

He has been around for a long time. Does it for a living. This does get tiring. Especially if one does it all day every day.

People seem to mostly be looking for someone to give them the answer they want. Not necessarily the truth.

Comment

Yeah I guess lots of people want to spray something somewhere, or pour an additive in the fuel tank to fix everything, no one wants to hear about actually troubleshooting or pulling something to bits.

Comment

Originally posted by ausnoelm View Post
                      Yeah I guess lots of people want to spray something somewhere, or pour an additive in the fuel tank to fix everything, no one wants to hear about actually troubleshooting or pulling something to bits.
                      I wish I could spray something on these electric trailer brakes.

Comment

are the calipers and rotors ss?

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                          are the calipers and rotors ss?
                          Electric drum. Not a boat trailer. An electrical issue. Going through it now. Connections/grounds, all the fun stuff.

Comment

I put breaks on a lowboy trailer to haul our tractor on some years ago.
                            Dad bought the trailer and tractor back in the 70's.
                            the trailer is probably under rated or was.
                            I went to a bigger hitch, & jack, along with new heavier duty tires..
                            axle ratings were OK.

I ran wire all of the way to the brakes even for the negative.
                            still hooked to trailer frame just in case I wanted to use the frame for grounding, but did not use that even for the lights.
                            copper carries the load a lot better.

avoid using those push thru connectors, put good but splices on and seal the water out to keep corrosion down even on trailers the do not normally go under water.
                            you still have lots of wet roads
                            Last edited by 99yam40; 06-15-2019, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99yam40 View Post
                              I put breaks on a lowboy trailer to haul our tractor on some years ago.
                              Dad bought the trailer and tractor back in the 70's.
                              the trailer is probably under rated or was.
                              I went to a bigger hitch, & jack, along with new heavier duty tires..
                              axle ratings were OK.

I ran wire all of the way to the brakes even for the negative.
                              still hooked to trailer frame just in case I wanted to use the frame for grounding, but did not use that even for the lights.
                              copper arries the load a lot better
                              Scotchlok connectors........worthless. Probably 25 of them in two junction boxes between the tires.

Comment

Working...
                              X