No announcement yet.

94 pro 60 choke problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe this is the system in question...step by step how to inspect and repair. It might not be exactly it...but very similar.
    https://youtu.be/x35uqVMu2r0

Comment

ok to clear everything up i put the lever in the level emergency/open position then once started i put it in the up or the normal position.

Comment

well that is not what you posted earlier, so had me scratching my head.
        saying turning full Counter clockwise to normal position would have made it very clear.

being that you thought this motor had a choke,
        do you pump the primer bulb before trying to start cold?
        do you leave the fast idle lever down when cranking the motor?(as you should with prime start system) or do you open it some?(as you should with a choke)

Comment

yes i do all of that

Comment

when i have tried to start it cold i have used the idle lever though

Comment

that may be your problem, leave the fast Idle lever down when cold starting a prime start motor.
              raising the lever could shut off some of the prime start automatic stuff if it is raised too much,
              plus it adds more air than the system needs with the amount of fuel it puts in.

Comment

Plus one ^^^^

Originally posted by Ncpoteet1 View Post
                when i have tried to start it cold i have used the idle lever though

When you do this, your opening the throttle blades allowing MORE AIR into the engine.

Your "offsetting" the extra fuel the Prime Start is sending in, basically working against it.. The initial mix should obviously be RICHER.

Scott
                1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

I wish the OP would come back and let us know what he has found out

Comment

I think he needs to just take the enrichment system apart and see what is wrong with it, not much to it. Maybe he will come back.

Comment

I am just hoping all he has to do it use the proper starting procedure( not lifting the fast idle lever any at all.

people not familer with Yamaha prime start systems can cause their own problems,
                      but may need to go into the system if that does not work

Comment

Working...
                      X