Power T&T warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power T&T warranty

Well my 2017 F150XB power tilt and trim will not support my motor tilt up . It will leak down after about 5 hrs or so. There no sign of fluid leak anywhere and manual release screw are tight . Would that be cover under warranty ?
    Thanks

My 1999 Yamaha has always leaked down over several hours....no big deal to me...maybe don't worry about it?..

Comment

I would inquire at whatever Yamaha shop you normally use. I wouldn't expect a two year motor to "leak down"

Comment

Well I just drop the boat off at repair center. They assume Yamaha will cover the repair. The motor isn’t even 2 year. I brought it late 2017. My old 1999 OX66 never had any trim issue . Hard to believe that this motor having trim issue. Hopefully Yamaha stand behind their warranty .

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
          I would inquire at whatever Yamaha shop you normally use. I wouldn't expect a two year motor to "leak down"
          I wouldn’t worry about if this wasn’t brand new when I brought .

Comment

Originally posted by Offshore_life View Post

I wouldn’t worry about if this wasn’t brand new when I brought .
            I think you quoted the wrong post here. It would drive me batsht crazy new or used. But that’s just me....

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post

. It would drive me batsht crazy new or used. But that’s just me....
              Me too, ^^^.

My 2006 F150 doesn't leak down what so ever.

Your still way within warranty and there's really no maintenance you could have missed/been blamed for...

Yamaha will take care of it... No doubt.

If not too late, get the extended warranty.

(My dealer forgot to turn in the paper work for the additional time, so I got an EXTRA YEAR WARRANTY!)
              Scott
              1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Originally posted by TownsendsFJR1300 View Post

Me too, ^^^.

My 2006 F150 doesn't leak down what so ever.

Your still way within warranty and there's really no maintenance you could have missed/been blamed for...

Yamaha will take care of it... No doubt.

If not too late, get the extended warranty.

(My dealer forgot to turn in the paper work for the additional time, so I got an EXTRA YEAR WARRANTY!)
                I also have the 3 year YES warranty after the manufacture warranty run out.

Comment

Yes, bleeding down like that in your stated period of time.... that is not normal. Technically though, I believe the tilt ram is only supposed to lift the engine so you can deploy the tilt supports.

Another thing often overlooked is that after the tilt supports are put in place to hold the engine up, you should actuate the tilt down switch, and continue until the trim rams are fully retracted.

I rarely do this, but that is how my manual reads.
                  I do it if the boats is going to be stored for a while, as with the trim rams retracted, they are protected in an oil bath and not exposed to the corrosive elements. The exposed tilt ram can then be protected by wiping in a coat of hydraulic fluid or even motor oil.

Please return and let us know how you make out with the warranty. I love a happy ending.
                  Cheers!

If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
                    Yes, bleeding down like that in your stated period of time.... that is not normal. Technically though, I believe the tilt ram is only supposed to lift the engine so you can deploy the tilt supports.

Another thing often overlooked is that after the tilt supports are put in place to hold the engine up, you should actuate the tilt down switch, and continue until the trim rams are fully retracted.

I rarely do this, but that is how my manual reads.
                    I do it if the boats is going to be stored for a while, as with the trim rams retracted, they are protected in an oil bath and not exposed to the corrosive elements. The exposed tilt ram can then be protected by wiping in a coat of hydraulic fluid or even motor oil.

Please return and let us know how you make out with the warranty. I love a happy ending.
                    Cheers!
                    Just got phone call from the repair center. They took the trim unit apart and can’t find anything wrong . Yamaha told them to replace the valve cover . I’m not sure what part that is. The repair was cover by Yamaha warranty .

Comment

They may not see anything 'obviously' wrong as internal seals lose their, well, sealing ability over time (worn out, harden, etc, but not necessarily 'fail'). Definitely more of a fluke thing to happen on a newer engine. Could have been a small fleck of dirt in there that caused a seal to not seal so well.
                      2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
                      1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

Originally posted by Offshore_life View Post

Just got phone call from the repair center. They took the trim unit apart and can’t find anything wrong . Yamaha told them to replace the valve cover . I’m not sure what part that is. The repair was cover by Yamaha warranty .
                        I am not an actor, but I play one on TV....

(I'm not claiming to be an expert) My experience tells me it is likely to be a check valve that is allowing pressure to leak by, or perhaps an internal leak past the ram piston seal. Hopefully they change that seal too as it is probably only $10 or so and it should be right there and easy to get at.

I am confident that you probably won't have additional problems.
                        Cheers!

If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

Working...
                        X