No announcement yet.

Wire color coding (Yamaha Tach Gauge)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wire color coding (Yamaha Tach Gauge)?

I am re powering my boat with a 2005-F90TLR 4 stroke Yamaha. I picked up a used Yamaha 10 pin main harness and control assembly from a 2001 boat. All is good except for connecting the new Yamaha tach assembly gauge ( 6Y7-83540-80-00). I am having trouble connecting the gauge to the trim harness. I figured out that instead of the proper trim harness (6Y5-83653-10-00), I have an older oil transfer harness from a 2 stroke (6R3-85721-80-00). The blue connector clipped into the engine end (4 pink wires) just fine and has the same 4 but different colored wires, so I am thinking that it should work fine. All I really need to know now, is the conversion coloring coding that connects to the clip connector on the new tach gauge. The 4 wires coming from the oil transfer harness are black, black with a red stripe, blue, and light brown. To which colored wires on the gauge clip connection should they each connect to?

Comment

This might help, but you really need to get the service manual for exact colors:

https://maxrules.com/fixyamahawiring.php
      2011 F50TLR, 2010 G3 V167C

Comment

Wow, you guys are fast! Thank you so much! The diagram is exactly the information that I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by rejesterd View Post
          This might help, but you really need to get the service manual for exact colors:

https://maxrules.com/fixyamahawiring.php
          Huh? Those are the exact colours. One pink, one pink/white, two pink/black.

What am I missing?

From the SM:

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Huh? Those are the exact colours. One pink, one pink/white, two pink/black.

What am I missing?

From the SM:
            I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by rejesterd View Post

I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the OP.
              For what purpose were you responding to the OP?

He already had all of the information that he needed.

Comment

Because we posted around the same time. I hadn't even seen your post yet.

Comment

Oh. Makes sense now. Got it.

Comment

I am hooking up the 6Y7-83540 tach to a 2019 F40LA tiller model and looking at the above diagram, using a 6Y5-83653 cable and then providing +12 V to the yellow, yellow/red, and blue wires, -12V to the blacks on the tach, the only other connection I need to make would be to run a wire from the green in the motor to the green on the tach for the tach signal. I read in another post that the green can be found in the tiller handle. Is this reading of the wiring diagram correct? Thanks, Mike

Comment

You are looking at the wrong diagram. That diagram pertains to a remote con*****ed model. You say that yours has a tiller handle.

Please don't piggyback on another mans post. Start your own please. When you do please give us the completer serial number for your motor. There many years of F40LA out there.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post
                          You are looking at the wrong diagram. That diagram pertains to a remote con*****ed model. You say that yours has a tiller handle.

Please don't piggyback on another mans post. Start your own please. When you do please give us the completer serial number for your motor. There many years of F40LA out there.
                          I'm sorry if I've violated some forum rule. I'm new to this forum and this was the closest match to what I was looking for. I've been unable to find anything regarding wiring to a F40LA tiller. Could you please provide a link to what I need? Thanks

Comment

See my post above yours. Not sure how that happened.

Comment

Working...
                            X