2008 150 txrg starts and shuts off constantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds about right boscoe

I put her in last night and gave her a run seems to be pretty good but I still have an issues with idling high and pulsing rpm a bit.

I forgot my laptop so I couldn't monitor the yds when running will plug her in today to see if I have any new codes

I am beginning to thing again the problem could be where I was messing with the TPS

It def seems to run a little worse when I have the water pressure sensor un plugged?????

Comment

Did you inspect the sockets at the ECU connector and on the pins on the ECU itself?

Comment

Yes sir looks good

Comment

Boscoe,Rodbolt and Twirk

I just plugged her in and I am getting

TPS sensor
          shift cut off and
          engine temp sensor

maybe I have a bad thermostat?

Comment

why would you think stat would fail sensors

Have you checked the reference voltage at the failed sensors?

Comment

That many unrelated failure modes tends to correlate with my understanding of a failed wire harness due to a faulty sensor.

You confirmed the sensor was bad. You confirmed that the sensor connector has been compromised by the presence of moisture.

The water pressure sensor, the TPS and the engine temperature sensor all share the same 5.0 volt reference. So, as asked, what reference voltage are you seeing?

I would remove the wires/terminals leading to the water pressure sensor connector from the connector just to make damn sure there is no moisture hidden within the connector that might, repeat might, be skewing the 5 volt reference signal. The orange wire terminal and the black wire terminal within the connector might be somewhat shorted to each other.

Comment

I am seeing a 5 v ref

just to confirm where is the engine temp sensor on the thermostat cover right?

Comment

Originally posted by arctic 1 View Post
                  I am seeing a 5 v ref

just to confirm where is the engine temp sensor on the thermostat cover right?
                  2006 and Later 150TXR Yamaha Outboard ELECTRICAL 2 Diagram and Parts
                  Scott
                  1997 Angler 204, Center Console powered by a 2006 Yamaha F150TXR

Comment

Here is another couple of views for the temperature sensor.

Comment

what should my timing be at?

Comment

Hello again guys

Just wanted to let you know why I haven't been on the forum all weekend!

I WAS DRIVING MY BOAT!!!!!!!

Got it running perfect.

Boscoe,Rodbolt

The problem was fully related to the sensor, after so much picking and messing with it all I had to do was adjust my TPS aging and now every thing is back to normail.

I put about 40 hrs on it since Friday and work like a dream.

It is pretty crazy to know that by putting a water pressure sensor on your motor with command link instead of just looking at the tell tail could cause catastrophic failure .I am so happy we found the problem before it reached the ECM as it was almost there.

All I can say is thanks guys,you are a bunch of grat men who give their time to helping others!!!!!!!!

Tom
                        Iqaluit,Nunavut

Comment

Originally posted by arctic 1 View Post
                          I am so happy we found the problem before it reached the ECM as it was almost there.
                          Did you replace the wiring?
                          If it was almost there ,I believe it will keep weeping to the ECU if it is inside wiring

Comment

Working...
                          X