LX / SX 150's <~~ > Z / LZ 200 HPDI's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX / SX 150's <~~ > Z / LZ 200 HPDI's

So really, asides from the lower units and the model ID sticker's these engines are identical right? (I know one or the other may / may not have the pitot plumbing run all the way through)
    I am referring to to LX-150-TXRY / SX 150 -OR- the Z-200-TXRD / LZ-200 as a pair. Am I right? The same powerhead, electronic ignition, Everything except the gearing in the lower unit make the propeller turn the other way.

Here is the deal, I had my propellers stolen and I bought a used pair from a local parts shop / Yamaha dealer. At some point I noticed that at WOT I got 5500 on one and 5200 on the other. I wondered if although the pitch is the same and I believe the props are the same model/part except for rotation, Are they a matched set and could that be why I have a split?

Couldn't I swap lower units from side to side and safely operate the vessel and engines at WOT to determine if the low RPM follows the lower unit?
    Is there any reason why I would not want to run the vessel with the counter rotating engine (lower unit, actually) on the starboard side? (right, the standard is to install the LX on the Port)

Me and my silly mind bounces all over the place sometimes... always thinking, just not always thinking right. Ignorance is bliss... until someone gets hurt or something broken.

Thank you all for putting up with me.

If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Huh, I was for sure that someone here would have known right away.
    Isn't the counter rotating engine in a pair the same exact same engine with only a different (CR) lower unit?

Comment

A counter rotating motor is identical to a regular rotation motor except for the model identity and the lower unit.

Comment

Thanks fro the confirmation, That is what I suspected. I just wanted to make sure and who better to ask that the experts here...
        Thank you for the help.

I did end up picking up a used pair of 2005 HPDI 200's to replace / upgrade my 2000 150's.

Are the lower units interchangeable between my 150's and newer 200's? same gearing? I see different p/n's but same tooth count...

Comment

Originally posted by FabricGATOR View Post
          Thanks fro the confirmation, That is what I suspected. I just wanted to make sure and who better to ask that the experts here...
          Thank you for the help.

I did end up picking up a used pair of 2005 HPDI 200's to replace / upgrade my 2000 150's.

Are the lower units interchangeable between my 150's and newer 200's? same gearing? I see different p/n's but same tooth count...
          Generally yes.

Comment

Thx... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

Comment

Working...
            X