The twins are acting up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The twins are acting up.

They won't stay synched up regarding tilt and trim. I thumb them down and the Stbd motor hits the pin first. I hold the thumb till the port catches up. Later on, I thumb them up and they come up to different positions. Pretty far off, not a degree to two but several. Using the individual binnacle switches to synch them up makes no difference. They tend to wander about as if they've been huffing hi-test. They never used to be so temperamental or eager to piss me off.

What gives? How fix? WTF?
    Last edited by oldmako69; 04-18-2019, 08:54 PM.

Try adding fluid and bleeding the slower one? Maybe the seals are just starting to go and you've lost some fluid. Maybe internal seals allowing the fluid to bypass a bit?
    2000 Yamaha OX66 250HP SX250TXRY 61AX103847T
    1982 Grady Weekender/Offshore (removed stern drive & modded to be an OB)

Comment

motors turning different speeds, pumps losing the ability to pump as well as it use to

Comment

I was experiencing this same symptom this season up until I just couldn't take it any more. Last week I removed the TT Showa unit and am in the process of disassembling it ( extracting stuck bolts is an exercise in patients )

So I was able to bleed the port side and get it to work for a while. Then, recently while on a week trailer boat vacation, it got to the point where I could not get the fluid bled and although the port could make it all the way up to the flip locks, it became slower and slower as she had the bends (foam in her veins)...

While I intend to perform a reseal, I discovered that the single seal o'ring between the casting and the reservoir, it had deformed to the point where it was sucking air.
        Had I found that, I'd likely been operational and could defer the complete rebuild until a later date.

The bleed procedure is in the MMM and takes more time than effort.

Cheers!

Five Star Marine offers a rebuild mail in service.
        If its got teats or tires, you bound to have trouble with it....

Comment

One would think in a duel setup there would be a synchronisation kit available, like joining the hydraulics when tilting them up at least. Like trimtabs that retract up at switch off.

Comment

Working...
          X