Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Aviation Excitement

A E ticket ride perhaps?

If this was an untended ejection imagine the surprise.

https://youtu.be/1oKwuZzaBdA

I've heard that being ejected from a jet is about as violent of an experience as you can have....he was lucky not to he injured worse

Comment

sounds like a "wonder what this red lever does" situation

Comment

He must of pulled the ejection handle on purpose...God knows why. Bet he wishes he didn't do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by robert graham View Post
          I've heard that being ejected from a jet is about as violent of an experience as you can have....he was lucky not to he injured worse
          I got shot up a rail simulating an ejection and it was pretty exciting. I believe they said it had about one tenth of the force of the real deal. Now that was me with a 21 one year old back. Can't imagine a 60 something year old dude not getting some back damage. Not to mention the landing under a minimum surface area canopy.

He is very lucky. Real young best shape of their life pilots have suffered some severe injury's from ejections and the landings.

Comment

I read somewhere long ago the original ejection seats used explosives. Too many injuries. Modern seats are rocket propelled. I can only imagine not being in the proper position when thing fires. Spinal compression seems to happen anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by pstephens46 View Post
              I read somewhere long ago the original ejection seats used explosives. Too many injuries. Modern seats are rocket propelled. I can only imagine not being in the proper position when thing fires. Spinal compression seems to happen anyway.
              Speaking of spinal compression, have you ever gone down a flight of stairs and failed to realize there was one more to go? Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by boscoe99 View Post

Speaking of spinal compression, have you ever gone down a flight of stairs and failed to realize there was one more to go? Ouch.
                Of course. Cold sober as well.

My spine was compressed by another event however. Car wreck. Pretty much have forgotten about it. Had a few x-rays over the years for various things and that is the first thing the doc mentions.

Comment

Working...
                X